Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Who PM'd Kevin Bacon recently about an R32 intake/silicon elbow?

Quote Originally Posted by fendervg View Post
    Hmm - checked my old invoice from ARZ but the only part number on that was their own internal one - actual price was €179.

The part number seems to be:
    536 919 527 - RHD
    535 919 527 - LHD

Glwsearch
    179 Euro was that with the sensors and cabling etc ? what do they go for now adding on scene tax/

How come ARZ sold them were they the last OE stock in Germany they got hold of ?

Cheers.

If you do a search on here, it looks like Heritage were still selling them (the last 3 sets) in 2012. As far as I know Classic Parts did a limited run of them in the late noughties due to demand.

No, that was without the sensors - some cars had the loom pre-wired, but you could buy the connector separately and make up your own loom, it's really easy, just one wire needs to go through the bulkhead for the sender - and they can be any VDO pressure sender, either using a T-piece or a two pole sender for the low pressure warning - a lot of old Audi Coupes/80/90 that had gauges fitted also had the two pole senders.

As for value now, who knows seeing as they are unobtainium now - I've seen them go for over £300-400 used, but I would say £200-250 is fair. They are very nice to have. The real shame is that every VR6 SLC in the US had them as standard, but they are LHD!

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by fendervg View Post
    If you do a search on here, it looks like Heritage were still selling them (the last 3 sets) in 2012. As far as I know Classic Parts did a limited run of them in the late noughties due to demand.

No, that was without the sensors - some cars had the loom pre-wired, but you could buy the connector separately and make up your own loom, it's really easy, just one wire needs to go through the bulkhead for the sender - and they can be any VDO pressure sender, either using a T-piece or a two pole sender for the low pressure warning - a lot of old Audi Coupes/80/90 that had gauges fitted also had the two pole senders.

As for value now, who knows seeing as they are unobtainium now - I've seen them go for over £300-400 used, but I would say £200-250 is fair. They are very nice to have. The real shame is that every VR6 SLC in the US had them as standard, but they are LHD!
    That is a sucker so the LHD are a hell of alot easier to obtain but do not fit RHD. I believe they sold the Corrado in Japan, I wonder if they have some RHD ones

I never had a VSR but I did have a Schrick VGI. Same thing really but not as OEM looking. The engineers wanted all VR6s to have the VSR as standard to make it more competitive against the 328i coupe, Nissan 200SX, Calibra V6 etc, but the accountants vetoed it. So we got a relatively torque light engine as a result. Well, the numbers are there but nothing interesting happens until 4000rpm. The VSR/VGI moves the torque band further down the revs but a remap is essential, otherwise it just detonates and the ECU cuts all the gains you would normally get from it. Still, VW didn't make that mistake again and all 24V VR6s got a variable intake!

I was only ever impressed by one VR6 with a Schrick VGI, and it wasn't mine! That thing had torque everywhere and felt proper punchy. Mine never felt like that. It must have been a friday afternoon engine
    Did have: 94 Corrado R32
    Now have: 2004 Golf R32