Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are the Americans warming the market ?

Are the Americans warming the market ?

It would be great to see if the desire for clean examples on the other side of the pond, migrates to these shores:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...corrado-vr6-5/

Nice example (not a fan of the exhaust shape though).
    James likes Corrados. Although he wishes the feeling was reciprocated occasionally.

Yeah like you say it does look a well looked after example at $15000 which is roughly £11600 in our money.

To be honest there are some great car's on this Forum which will easily be worth the same or more than that USA example.

Si
    Had MK2 1.8 Scirocco Scarla 1998 to 2002
    had it lowered on original wheels,
    K&N air fitler and Janspeed exhaust system.

Now have 94 M reg Corrado 2.0 16v since 2002 still got it, been off the road now since early 2015
    hoping to get it finished this year.

Also have a 2015 Seat Ibiza TSI i-tech as my daily driver. Plus I'm on The SEAT Forum.

Link to 16v torque settings & ECU pin locations.
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...fuel-pressures

They are a lot rarer in the US and Canada

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Enthusiast
    I'm in America at the moment and have been looking at the prices of parts and cars. Used parts are just as expensive here as in the UK but the aftermarket parts/upgrades are much cheaper

VDO gauges two a penny, such a shame they made them slanted the wrong way for RHD.

Nice colour / leather combo. There seems to be strong demand for clean,low mileage cars over in the States right now. Hagerty classic cars have the Corrado in their top ten bull list cars for appreciation next next year too. Wouldn't be surprised if this car went for over $20k. A similar one went for $22k a couple of months back.
    Still not as much as the UK car that went for over 23k at auction in the summer though. That must have been an absolute minter !

Quote Originally Posted by Reddy VR6 View Post
    Nice colour / leather combo. There seems to be strong demand for clean,low mileage cars over in the States right now. Hagerty classic cars have the Corrado in their top ten bull list cars for appreciation next next year too. Wouldn't be surprised if this car went for over $20k. A similar one went for $22k a couple of months back.
    Still not as much as the UK car that went for over 23k at auction in the summer though. That must have been an absolute minter !
    Whoa - 23k! Was that the car that was briefly being discussed on here? Anyone have a link to a thread? I never got around to finding out the final price, but would be a handy one to have printed out for showing to your insurance company.

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Below is a link to Charterhouse auctions where it states that car went under the hammer for £23545 back in July. Classic Car Weekly also did an article on it back in August.

https://www.charterhouse-auction.com...h-of-successes

The car in the states went for $19250 last night. A strong price considering it was not all original,had some below par bodyshop repair work and factoring in the time of year of the sale.
    bringatrailer.com is a great site and its good fun watching the bidding wars on your favourite motors.

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddy VR6 View Post
    Below is a link to Charterhouse auctions where it states that car went under the hammer for £23545 back in July. Classic Car Weekly also did an article on it back in August.

https://www.charterhouse-auction.com...h-of-successes

The car in the states went for $19250 last night. A strong price considering it was not all original,had some below par bodyshop repair work and factoring in the time of year of the sale.
    bringatrailer.com is a great site and its good fun watching the bidding wars on your favourite motors.
    cracking!! screen printed & saved for agreed value proof next year

many thanks for posting the link
    Bramber metallic VR6 bring on the grins as the VR sings!!!!
    Stealth head rebuild, 263's, BMC CDA, Roose M/Sport hoses, VT engine mount, KW V1s
    KUR2Y loom, daves16v short shifter, 2.5" Longlife SS exhaust with sport cat, lots of shiny bolts & 210bhp
    Alpine White 1.8 16v, Kamei skirts, Powerflow SS exhaust, back on my drive April 2014

Very nice. Agreed on the exhaust. What on earth is that all about!!

Time warp examples will fetch serious money at some point, especially considering mint XR3is and RS Turbos are fetching big numbers.....and they aren't even half the car the Corrado is!

Also worth mentioning is a 6000 mile E30 325i Sport went for 51K recently at Silverstone auctions, so there's hope for the good old Corrado yet. I remember waaaaaay back when, I traded a ropey old 325i in for a VR6, and the VR6 was insanely better to drive than the bimmer. It's a really hard market to predict.

One important difference between the Bimmer and the Corrado is, BMW are proud of the E30, whereas VW are desperate to deny all knowledge of the Corrado. A car maker's pride in their achievements and heritage definitely affects values. All VW care about is the Golf.
    Did have: 94 Corrado R32
    Now have: 2004 Golf R32