Thread: VW Classic Parts bolts suplier

VW Classic Parts bolts suplier

Hi all,

I am trying to reproduce in my own the outdate "n90433801". But sadly this thread is out of my knowledge (it can only be done in a machine with screw molds the one I do not have in my Tool Room), I am checking companies to get a bolt with this specific thread and another like the rest of the bolt, my idea is one in the lathe to drill, after make a thread on both to be able to put them together with loctite for metal.
    But is going to take me too much time and at the moment I use to be very busy at work.
    So, I would like to Know if anyone knows the suplier of this bolts to VW for just try order a box from them.

Many thanks in advance

Sebastian

Which bolt is this? Most of them can still be ordered straight off VW - if not, there are plenty of engineering companies that will make them to order, but you need to be careful with the specifications and materials, depending on where they will be used and the torque.

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Its the bolt for the front splitter need x5 ,

No 16 on diagram

https://www.ilcats.ru/vw/?function=g...00&language=en

It is crap when a bolt has not been superseded. I have noticed the bolts for rear bumper brackets are available no where asked at the dealers and VW golf Heritage.

These buggers.

https://www.vwheritage.com/n90309201...10x33-vw-spare

When ever I change a part Im really obsessive about using new OE bolts and washers but it ain't cheap, even changed all my hose clamps to OE VW, think it nearly cost £70 as some of the largest spring clamps are nearly a fiver.
    Last edited by Keyo; 16th November 2019 at 7:54 PM.

Ah, the shouldered one that goes through the metal reinforcement bar. I got some from VW a few years ago, ARZ also used to do them.

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Yeah these have been obsolete now for almost 2 years, they were available new from Ebay, VW Heritage and ARZ Turning as stated above by Fendervg.

https://www.vwheritage.com/n90433801...89-95-vw-spare

Link below for details of bolt size/thread.
    Look on page 2 the first post,
    I'm sure I put up full details back in 2017.
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...splitter/page2

Hope this helps

Si
    Had MK2 1.8 Scirocco Scarla 1998 to 2002
    had it lowered on original wheels,
    K&N air fitler and Janspeed exhaust system.

Now have 94 M reg Corrado 2.0 16v since 2002 still got it, been off the road now since early 2015
    hoping to get it finished this year.

Also have a 2015 Seat Ibiza TSI i-tech as my daily driver. Plus I'm on The SEAT Forum.

Link to 16v torque settings & ECU pin locations.
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...fuel-pressures

I've had a look at my old OEM splitter bolts, the head of bolt is blank a part from two small letters AK
    there's nothing else on them so I'd say the OEM splitter bolts are low to medium strength carbon steel, which is basically minimum grade, as they're only used to hold up a plastic item,
    if they were used to bolt up suspension or steering, or running gear then the bolts should be minimum grade 8.8 high tensile steel, but as the splitter bolts have no indication of strength they'll more then likely be low to medium grade carbon steel.

The two letters on head of splitter bolt AK I think are the manufacturers identification which I think is from China.

Si

Now have 94 M reg Corrado 2.0 16v since 2002 still got it, been off the road now since early 2015

Also have a 2015 Seat Ibiza TSI i-tech as my daily driver. Plus I'm on The SEAT Forum.

Hi all, Thanks for the replys.

The bigest problem of this bolts are the price and almost imposible to find, they start around 10e each used and without shiping? maybe even more now.
    This are specific bolts for what they do and how they fit.
    Today with the escuse of work I had a chat with a boss from the company "CROMWELL" and he just told me they are anable to suply them. He recomend me to do a proper drawing of them and send a email to every company of supliers to start fishing propery BUT I can not do the drawing of this thread in the sistem or even on paper. I have never touch one like this one...
    I am thinking to text the big cheese of vw heritage and offer him a big order of them in advance to push them to order 1 production. After all is the guy who made the code discount for all corrado clubs after few chats with him. Fingers crossed

Sebastian

I've got a few of these spare,
    but they're old used one's still in fairly good shape, let me know if you require one to be sent to you in the post, so you can show the engineering/machinist companies your in correspondence with potentially.

I can do the same thing down here on the south coast of UK, and ask my local precision engineering/machinist companies,
    I could also ask the guy who fabricated my alloy fuel surge tank, as he's got access to a full machine shop.

Send me a PM if you want the bolt ?

Hope this helps

Si

Many thanks for offer your help.
    Luckly I have one spare, the one is always in my pocket when I am asking every company. At the moment I think I have already ask all midlands supliers ... So I would say is almost impossible to get them by ourself.
    I will contact with vw heritage or vw classic parts.
    If I will fail and they will confirm me will be outdate forever I will have a look my B plan, make the molds by my self and order a production by myself, a C plan would be check companies of 3D printers of steel and order some, will be expensive, but by far cheaper than a CNC.
    I will try keep u all update.
    Kind regards
    Sebastian