Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storm badge placement?

Storm badge placement?

I'm just about to stick a Trimsport Storm badge back on my Storm after some ******* stole the original a while back and I'm wondering if anyone has a copy of the original fitting instructions. I could just stick it back where it looks right, but if anyone has a copy of the template thing that came with the OE VW badge set, itd be much appreciated. Thanks!
    Mystic Blue Storm - H&R coilovers - Rear Neuspeed Anti-roll Bar - Magnex - Dieselgeek quick shift and Gruvenparts travel reducer - Few or no functioning brain cells - And a red Mk2 GTi 8v with a TSR-tuned motor.

I do, pm me your number and I’ll WhatsApp you a picture if that helps
    95 Classic Green Storm
    95 Flash Red VR6

For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
    For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible

I saw one recently where someone had stuck a storm badge on the opposite side to the Corrado badge..just looked so wrong. I could barely bring myself to look at the car. These details do matter. Will also happily send a photo of mine if you need to get a consensus on exactly the correct spot
    94 16v Classic Green M447BLE, 95 VR6 Aqua Blue N585BUA, 95 VR6 Storm Mystic Blue M200DAN, 94 VR6 Classic Green M159LYF, 96 VR6 Moonlight Blue N866XSX, 94 VR6 Classic Green M803 XMB, 95 VR6 Storm Classic Green M964XSX, 94 VR6 Aqua Blue M420BOY, 95 VR6 Blackberry N320MRN, 95 VR6 Storm Classic Green N804FLM, 95 VR6 Storm Classic Green N479WAN

I should say, I still have an original dealer set in the packaging with the correct placement diagram , I just can’t put a picture up on here
    95 Classic Green Storm
    95 Flash Red VR6

I've just messaged you my mobile number and an e-mail address in case that's easier - really appreciated.

I saw a pic of that Storm with the badge on the wrong side of the car, it was kind of painful to look at :-(
    Mystic Blue Storm - H&R coilovers - Rear Neuspeed Anti-roll Bar - Magnex - Dieselgeek quick shift and Gruvenparts travel reducer - Few or no functioning brain cells - And a red Mk2 GTi 8v with a TSR-tuned motor.

Haha - most of the work creating the special edition went into the badges and the little instructions on where to place them that were sent to the supplying dealers back in the day - that why it's so important to get it right.

Only joking and, and not jealous as I only have a normal VR6! Just trying to get a "why is a Storm so special?" thread going again to stir it up as it's bean really quiet on here lately!

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by fendervg View Post
    Haha - most of the work creating the special edition went into the badges and the little instructions on where to place them that were sent to the supplying dealers back in the day - that why it's so important to get it right.

Only joking and, and not jealous as I only have a normal VR6! Just trying to get a "why is a Storm so special?" thread going again to stir it up as it's bean really quiet on here lately!
    Ha ha, you know they are faster and cooler and better and nicer and good for your health and they corner better and and and............
    95 Classic Green Storm
    95 Flash Red VR6

Ha ha, you know they are faster and cooler and better and nicer and good for your health and they corner better and and and............

Spot on! The only reason I knew my badge was missing was that the car felt sluggish and aerodynamically compromised, my guess is that it's worth at least 20bhpm maybe more and that's before you factor in the handling improvements. Big thanks for whoomphing over that diagram - it's nice to know exactly how the badge should sit for maximum benefit

Well, you could lose up to 10 horses if it's not mounted exactly right - as for putting it on the wrong side, I dread to think - poor idle and cut out at the very least!

You can speed up a normal VR by putting Solitudes on instead of Speedlines, but you have to tell it that they came off a Corrado, not a Golf......

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

It’s so annoying when you see a storm and the badge is in the wrong position!