Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Storm badge placement?

Ah, but it has to be the right colour from factory with correct leather too. I'm at max efficiency as the badges and wheels were actually put on by the dealer, even though it's not a "real" Storm.
    95 Classic Green VR6 - Jetex Cat Back|BMC CDA|Bilstein B12|Daves16v shortshifter|Lupo wipers|Uprated headlight loom
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=79984
    CCGB #3982

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Those badges are definitely worth the extra thousands
    I'm just jealous as I dont have them and people point at me as I walk down the street..
    Cress
    95 VR6
    One day she will drive out of my Garage

Is a cool badge to be fair, can't believe VW dont use the branding anymore, as when any car person sees it they think wow that is special wonder what a Storm has different , sort of has a rare mythical tang to it.
    Last edited by Keyo; 26th November 2019 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fendervg View Post
    Haha - most of the work creating the special edition went into the badges and the little instructions on where to place them that were sent to the supplying dealers back in the day - that why it's so important to get it right.

Only joking and, and not jealous as I only have a normal VR6! Just trying to get a "why is a Storm so special?" thread going again to stir it up as it's bean really quiet on here lately!
    Why is a Storm so special? Cos mine is one and yours isn't!!!!

If it's based on rarity then my colour Magic Black is rarer in the Corrado then mystic blue and the Green, I'm sure other colours are rarer as well out there,my car came with leather, Solitudes are common as were also used on the Golf Mk3, Speedlines are more desirable to most, I can get my front grill sprayed but I prefer the matt black stock grill as does not look as garish, I can get a storm badge and stick it on my gear shift trim and same applies to the rear boot decal.

Am I correct in saying they are the only differences in a Storm ? So is it fair to say they should of called it the Drizzle as it didn't really make a Storm
    Last edited by Keyo; 27th November 2019 at 9:56 PM.

They also came with a Sony tape deck and CD changer, and some had aircon, but that was always a dealer retrofit option in the UK. So basically nothing you could not order or get yourself apart from a Mystic Blue respray. It would have been nice had it had all the options thrown at it.

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Am I correct in saying they are the only differences in a Storm ? So is it fair to say they should of called it the Drizzle as it didn't really make a Storm
    There are other special differences, but Storm owners aren't allowed to talk about them publicly
    Mystic Blue Storm - H&R coilovers - Rear Neuspeed Anti-roll Bar - Magnex - Dieselgeek quick shift and Gruvenparts travel reducer - Few or no functioning brain cells - And a red Mk2 GTi 8v with a TSR-tuned motor.

It should of had a VSR, VW the tight buggers.