Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Center hub question?

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyo View Post
    I have a set of BBS RX2 they are a great alloy and direct fir. I also have BBS RS 771 or known as the anniversary split rim alloy these are easy to get hold of and priced in the £300 mark in the UK. Basically they are a split version of the BBS RX and came on Mk3 and MK4 golf anniversary cars. Both 16 and 6,5 J or 7J 5 stud direct fit.

You can see the RS771 on my car black magic

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...ht=black+magic

25 mm lowering springs

Tyres 205/45/ R16
    They look fantastic mate! Thanks for all that great info. I may start looking to get these, I like the straight fit and oem look. Cheers and have a good weekend!

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆
    Quote Originally Posted by Dox View Post
    I looked into having custom spacers made but due to the length of the boss on the rear disks they would have to be 25mm plus otherwise the centring boss on the spacer is prone to shearing off due to lack of material on the spacer. Redborbet / redborbon a user on here has opened up a few sets of Subaru fit wheels and they’ve looked great in the pics he’s posted in his build thread.
    Oh I'm sure they look good! But it's starting to e too much work and money involved to make it happen. If the rims were super cheap it would maybe make sense but they are not cheap to start with...
    Thanks for your reply!

Quote Originally Posted by ABV-VR6 View Post
    They look fantastic mate! Thanks for all that great info. I may start looking to get these, I like the straight fit and oem look. Cheers and have a good weekend!
    No worries mate did you get the Golf anniversaries in Canada ?

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyo View Post
    No worries mate did you get the Golf anniversaries in Canada ?
    Oh I though you were selling me yours just kidding! I think so mate, I'll check locally or on ebay I think I'm gonna go for them and have them powder coated light grey with silver lip. Should look sharp on my silver Corrado!
    Cheers!

Enthusiast
    Yes they are Subaru's! I did noticed the offset at 48et but like you said with spacers it would have been fine. The center bore though, I'm not sure I want to play with that... That's too bad, they are fantastic and light. It's these ones I was thinking about, I would have done a silver powder coat:
    https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho....php?t=2774070
    As Dox has said, flap wheel on a drill, takes about 5 mins per wheel with the double checking every so often as you are literally removing a fraction over 0.5mm all around. Dead easy, even I've done it (on a set of Subaru wheels too as it happens)

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆
    Thanks for your reply, you know I haven't seen that, that way, but it's true not so much to remove... You haven't felt any unbalanced with the wheels after? Do you have the same ones that are on the link I posted? Do you happen to know if Subaru's used ball lug nuts like VW for their wheels or you had to change them?

Enthusiast
    Thanks for your reply, you know I haven't seen that, that way, but it's true not so much to remove... You haven't felt any unbalanced with the wheels after? Do you have the same ones that are on the link I posted? Do you happen to know if Subaru's used ball lug nuts like VW for their wheels or you had to change them?
    No it was a different set of alloys, I used them as winters for a few months. Pretty sure I used tapered bolts (few years ago now) and no never had any wheel wobble etc. I did offer them up to the hub frequently to make sure I wasn't taking too much off.

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    I have 2 sets of Subaru wheels, 16" OZ crono off an Imprezza that wont fit on the VW hub and a set of 16" make unknown (they look similar to OZ mito) off a Forrester which have a centre bore larger than the C so spigots rings will be needed.

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆
    Ok thanks guys. So in my case though, once I remove enough materials to make it to 57.1 I should not need anything else other than new head bolts probably and a set of spacers because they're et48. Something like 20mm rear and 10mm front should do it.

Enthusiast
    Ok thanks guys. So in my case though, once I remove enough materials to make it to 57.1 I should not need anything else other than new head bolts probably and a set of spacers because they're et48. Something like 20mm rear and 10mm front should do it.
    Yep, increase the CB and they will bolt straight up with the spacers and appropriate longer bolts