Page 1 of 116 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Chufties

Enthusiast

Chufties

NER - NER....

Got my first Corrado related comment of 2005 last night.

Was walking back to the car which was in the furthest, emptiest corner of my local ASDA's car park, when some bloke who was walking ahead of me stops, turns round to see me opening the door, and shouts over "Nice motor feller... I've always loved them."
    15 minutes later, I thought of something witty I could've bounced back to him, but all I managed at the time was "Oh, er... Cheers mate."

So I've now been officially reminded why I bother!

(1-0 to me!)

:wink:
    Ian

'91 Dark Burgundy Valver R.I.Pieces

There's a badge in the post bubble !!
    1995 Blackberry Corrado VR6

CF-oholic!
    always feels good to get a compliment like that, i got my first of 2005 from a taxi driver who apparently used to be a used car dealer, he delighted in telling me 'ya cannit gan wrang with them like' and asking if the spoiler worked.
    Roses are #FF0000, Violets are #0000FF
    No longer using public transport like a hippy

Enthusiast
    'ya cannit gan wrang with them like'
    Top piece of accent spelling.

The only thing which took a bit of the gloss away from this blokes appreciation of my car was that he then climbed into a Rover.
    Ian

Ok, I'm gonna 'Sticky' this if only because I love the word 'Chuftie' - best new word i've heard this year!!

It can be used like the Corrado spotting thread and updated with any feedback you get from 'the public'
    Last edited by Supercharged; 12th January 2012 at 6:52 PM.

...:::Supercharged:::...

1.8 G60 & 1.9 TDI

Please help the forum stay alive!
    Want to help monthly? Why not

CF-oholic!
    well in that case i should add that a mate of mine keeps telling me my car makes him 'sex wee' i'm sort of glad hes moved back to glasgow...
    Roses are #FF0000, Violets are #0000FF
    No longer using public transport like a hippy

Just after i bought my corrado a couple of the mangers at my work came out one day to see it and they were asking if the spoiler worked and just looked at the car in total admiration. It's times like this when you are reminded or realise how amazing it is owning a corrado!

Administrator
    Went to Stratford a few weeks back and as I was paying for a ticket from a machine near the river and a guy walked up next to me to say "Thats a really really nice car mate.. i've always loved Corrado's.. wanted one for ages!" - so I felt a bit chuffed and said thanks, told him about the club / forum etc.. was cool

2001 BMW E39 530d SE Touring (Black) | 1999 BMW E39 523i SE (with Sport Pack) Saloon (Black) | Ex-Corrado Owner

Enthusiast
    Bah - it's times like this that make me think "sod getting the 'sensible' Golf 4Motion" and re-consider buying a low mileage VR6 instead....only problem would be the heartbreak of piling on work-related miles...

When I first got mine (6 years ago!) one of the neighbours came out to talk to me when I was washing it to tell me he was wondering who'd bought a Corrado, and that he loved them and thought it was the best-looking car that had ever been made!

Those 'in the know' always express interest in it as well when I tell them what I've got. I mean, when people ask me, I just tell them I drive a 13 year-old Volkswagen Corrado - a fair few people ignore the age when they hear "Corrado" though, it's a good way of sorting the wheat from the chaff...

Still, I wish they still made them. I just need a much newer, much lower mileage car (and I can't afford to run 2!)
    1980 Golf 1500 GLS - 1986-1992
    1983 Golf 1800 GTI - 1992-1999
    1992 Corrado G60 - 1999-2005
    2002 Golf GTI 180 - 2005-...
    Gone but not forgotten:
    http://the-corrado.net/.archive/foru...=358103#358103

Enthusiast
    Just got back from a weekend in The Lakes, and the owner of the b&b we stayed in asked me for my car keys in case he had to move my motor around their (small) car park.
    Upon seeing the ignition key, he pipes up and says "Ahhh a VW eh, Whatcha got?" I tell him, and he seems suitably impressed. He then proceeds to tell me that he's got a VW too. An old Golf.
    Old Golf to me = Mk2, so I'm there assuming I've got bragging rights in this conversation.

Goes round the back to park up with my Chuftie Badge firmly on, and the old [email protected]@rd must be laughing his balls off at me..
    12 month old R32!

Tw*t!
    Ian