Page 551 of 551 FirstFirst ... 51451501541549550551
Results 5,501 to 5,510 of 5510

Thread: The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Managed to get all 4 calipers fitted today.
    Just need to finish fitting the brake pipes, hopefully on Sunday.
    Getting there but still don’t think it will be on the road for a few months yet :-(

1991 VW Corrado G60, Tornado Red with Electric Recaro Interior.
    In process of full rebuild, hopefully back on the road ready for 2018

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Damn they look good. Are you keeping the red bleed nipple covers because they are red

Quote Originally Posted by Cressa View Post
    Damn they look good. Are you keeping the red bleed nipple covers because they are red

Cheers, one step closer to a finished Corrado. And the red nipples are staying

1991 VW Corrado G60, Tornado Red with Electric Recaro Interior.
    In process of full rebuild, hopefully back on the road ready for 2018

CF Nutter
    Took it out of winter storage (way over due this summer).....and instantly put a smile on my face........love driving the Corrado.....

Luckily have a 06 Passat V6 as the "winter beater".....so the sound of VR6 is with me all year, but always something special getting behind the wheel of the Corrado again for me
    1995 VW Corrado VR6 - Bergen - Norway

A few weeks ago I took the whole front end off my Corrado, bumber, front panel, grill, and headlights out.
    So I had better access to the old rotten battery tray, cut over half of old one out,
    and had a new MK2 Golf battery tray to hand,
    so fabricated it to fit, spot welded to main chassis leg and around lower inner wing panel,
    to be honest it does fit fairly well,
    but you have to cut a few bits off to make it fit flat and flush with the chassis leg and inner wing panel.
    Painted up and put on some seam sealer and wax oil.

Yesterday on Saturday I repaired front bumper with some Unibond Apoxy Resin.

Ebay item number 162984069604

Had to use that resin due to snapping off two of the retaining clips that hold the front bumper brace bracket on. And on the right inner side as the plastic support brace there, was coming away, which caused the right side of bumper to drop slightly, only by 1/2".
    That Unibond Apoxy Resin is great stuff, it sets in 5mins and fully hardens in 12 to 18 hours, you can sand it down or paint over it once it's fully set.

Today as I've already got the front bumper off,
    I'll be sanding down the metal bumper brace and bumper irons, as they're rusted slightly,
    well the metal bumber brace is pitted in places
    so I'll see how bad it is.

Next job after that once the parts arrive from VW Heritage is replacing both the fuel pumps, and see about fuel lines as well.

Si
    Last edited by vw rule; 2 Weeks Ago at 7:27 PM.
    Had MK2 Scirocco Scarla 1998 to 2002

Now have Corrado 2.0 16v since 2002 still got it

Today I collected the re-trimmed interior from Michael at MJ Interiors in Shipley. Can't say enough about his work, he's made a brilliant job and I would recommend him to anyone.

I know that grey maybe isn't the most popular of colours but I like the way it lightens the interior of the car, and also that there aren't very many of them around. And after eighteen years already it's not like I'll ever sell it so I really don't need to consider what anyone else thinks, the eldest daughter has already requested we leave it her in the will so it's going nowhere!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_198e.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_198f.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1991.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1992.jpg

I spent the rest of the day fitting and fettling bits but ended on a low when the driver's seat wouldn't height adjust or recline, no power for some reason (first world problems eh?) so I gave up for the day and will come back to it tomorrow.
    95 Classic Green VR6: Climatronic & OBD2, Grey Leather Recaro Interior
    CCGB No. 58

Passed the MOT once again

...then while the garage were bringing the car to me they reversed into a sign, denting the bumper They will be replacing or fixing it though.
    Storm grey VR6 | BBS RX2 16" | Milltek | D&G cams and map | Black cloth Recaros | Audioscape | Huge grin

Ouch . I know you will make sure it’s done properly, but coming from someone who knows , paint will spider web from a bump . I received a tiny tap on the rear bumper from an old boy in his car . Not a mark on my bumper. Little did I know about the paint reacting to the flexibility of the bumper

92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

Thanks for the heads-up. No point in getting upset about it and it doesn't look bad unless you look closely. As long as they fix it properly then that's fine. They are my regular garage so I know them well and they often have unusual cars there (Golf Rallye today, other Corrado's, a DeLorean occasionally) so I think it will end up fine.
    Storm grey VR6 | BBS RX2 16" | Milltek | D&G cams and map | Black cloth Recaros | Audioscape | Huge grin

Passed MOT 😁
    But advised steering rack it’s starting to show signs of wear.
    Any one know where to get a replacement?