Page 550 of 551 FirstFirst ... 50450500540548549550551 LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,500 of 5503

Thread: The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Cressa View Post
    Picture attached.
    I can't seem to share the link to the correct spot via tapatalk.
    Delivery takes a while but I was in no rush. I'm sure there are plenty of other suppliers, but this was good enough for me

Hope it lasts longer than mine did . Mine peeled where you hold the wheel , I did it by the book too .

92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

That looks ace. I bought one of those refurb kits ages ago and have a spare steering wheel to use it on, but keep failing miserably to actually get around to doing it. Thanks for the unwitting kick up the backside - I'd almost forgotten it existed

Edit: I did talk to the legendary Jim The Trim in Denton - did the headliner on my Mk2 and totally recommended - about refurbishing a steering wheel and the price was eye watering.
    Last edited by Mystic Rado; 21st January 2018 at 2:58 PM.
    Mystic Blue Storm - H&R coilovers - Rear Neuspeed Anti-roll Bar - Magnex - Dieselgeek quick shift and Gruvenparts travel reducer - Few or no functioning brain cells - And a red Mk2 GTi 8v with a TSR-tuned motor.

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Rorado974, not good mate. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen with this one.
    If it were to fail, I may send it away. For now, it certainly is a cheap fix with minimal time spent on each layer during the day.
    I took the opportunity to clean the horn connections and remove someone's long hair trapped behind there. Yuk.
    Sensitive horn now so that is better.
    Not that it drives anywhere 🙁

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Rado View Post
    That looks ace. I bought one of those refurb kits ages ago and have a spare steering wheel to use it on, but keep failing miserably to actually get around to doing it. Thanks for the unwitting kick up the backside - I'd almost forgotten it existed

Edit: I did talk to the legendary Jim The Trim in Denton - did the headliner on my Mk2 and totally recommended - about refurbishing a steering wheel and the price was eye watering.
    Mystic rado, no excuse as you've already got the gear. Good luck mate

Quote Originally Posted by Cressa View Post
    Rorado974, not good mate. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen with this one.
    If it were to fail, I may send it away. For now, it certainly is a cheap fix with minimal time spent on each layer during the day.
    I took the opportunity to clean the horn connections and remove someone's long hair trapped behind there. Yuk.
    Sensitive horn now so that is better.
    Not that it drives anywhere

I’m going to send mine away bud . It’s not cheap , but I will get it back in show room condition and it will last years . I think the problem with these products is they are water based . Ok so we’ve come along way with water bourne products, but oil based will always be king in my book .

92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

Look what the weather did to my Corrado.......

2018-03-18_07-35-21_226.jpg
    Almost an off the shelf Moonlight Blue Pearl Metallic VR6.
    Got Lupo wipers, an upgraded headlight loom and
    Inpro Clear/Red rear clusters.

Liking the white go faster stripe.

No snow down here in Kent on the coast.
    Corrado VR6 - Aqua Blue LC5U - 96 'N' Plate
    Black Leather - Heated Seats - Air Con
    Totally Standard and intend to keep it that way !

Hibernation for Winter ! SORN

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VR-Sixy View Post
    Look what the weather did to my Corrado.......

2018-03-18_07-35-21_226.jpg
    No snow in Liverpool,lots of sunshine

Got all the new A/C pipes and hoses installed along with slam panel, lights and grill.

Bumper and grill spoiler on tomorrow and I might put it on the floor........be the first time it resembles a complete car since 2014, as long as you ignore the missing interior! If the rain stops I may even drive it out of the garage for a wash, ten years off the road might be almost at an end?

IMG_2535.jpg
    95 Classic Green VR6: Climatronic & OBD2, Grey Leather Recaro Interior
    CCGB No. 58

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Received these back from Bigg Red yesterday. Hopefully if the weather is kind this weekend I will get them fitted :-)

Last edited by GazzaG6001; 6 Days Ago at 9:10 PM. Reason: Duplicate photo removal
    1991 VW Corrado G60, Tornado Red with Electric Recaro Interior.
    In process of full rebuild, hopefully back on the road ready for 2018