Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alarm fitters to AVOID

Alarm fitters to AVOID

It seems so many people get stung by dodgy dealers and fitters.
    So it makes sense to name and shame these thieves.
    Would make a good sticky next to the Recommended fitters.

Good call...

...:::Supercharged:::...

1.8 G60 & 1.9 TDI

Please help the forum stay alive!
    Want to help monthly? Why not

CF Nutter
    I had the alarm in my old car fitted by GAP (Clifford Concept 300):

> "brain" was installed within easy reach onto the side of the steering column
    > It kept going off! The sensitivity was set way too high
    > The volumetric sensor was mounted using velco. As the car heated up and cooled down when parked the adhesive gave up on the velcro and the sensor was hanging off
    > The u-shaped part of metal which mounts the siren in the engine bay had been bent so the siren was only held in place by one bolt thus invalidating the Cat 1 status of the alarm
    > Wires were not tidied up and were gathered up in the scuttle panel
    VR sold - new wheels: E39 BMW 530i Sport

Still miss both my 'Rados

http://www.johnmitchellracing.co.uk/

Avoid Hyde Park Corner if you know what's good for you! Facking cowboys. My alarm works fine, but when you see the wiring the guy has done you have to ask why. andycowuk has seen the awesome job first hand and it is shoddy as **** to say the least.
    "It's not about the place you go, it's how you get there makes you so....damn high you know you're living!!!!!"

Pics of My G60 - NOW SOLD

Enthusiast
    Avoid Liquid Ice in Yeovil, i know of three people who's alarm they completely botched up! Half the time the indicators would ramdomly go off and the dash went heywire!

Regular
    Avoid CATS FOR CARS in Farnham Surrey, near the sports centre

-when i first drove the car after the install the imobiliser cut in whilst driving along!!!!! This caused a fuel leak and buggered the G40 sensor.

-they broke the heater controls whilst trying to sort the imobiliser problem out and denied any wrong doing

-couldn't fix the problem, by this time i didn't want them touching my car anymore so i cut my loses and went else where. I believe spreading as much bad news about these bodgers is payback!
    Complete stainless exhaust system - new zero asbestos metal exhaust manifold gasket fitted (the VW instruction manual lied!!! Bilstein B16,Eibach ARB,Headlamp washers,288 and 280mm brakes

Asbestos, the wonder material NOT! - any queries i can help

Avoid ORPINGTON CAR STEREO in Poole - car went in for a clifford concept 500 and came back to me six late via VW stealership workshop. The alarm fitters couldnt get the car started. And I'm still getting false alarms!!
    More a Final Edition
    1995 VR6 Storm

Avoid Auto Elite in staffordshire. They were supposed to be a good company and I used them as they did pvw's rallye project car.

They fitted a toad a101cl to my polo, and I had all sorts of problems, not with the alarm specifically though. It was their poor workmanship like the wiring to the door solenoids broke over time, causing the c/l not to work on that side. They also made a mess of the door membranes and the holes they drilled weren't protected well.

Quote Originally Posted by biggrim
    Avoid Hyde Park Corner if you know what's good for you! Facking cowboys. My alarm works fine, but when you see the wiring the guy has done you have to ask why. andycowuk has seen the awesome job first hand and it is shoddy as **** to say the least.
    I (cough) used to work for them, but left after 7 months because i wasnt happy with how they wanted me to fit alarms, example... vehicle has alarm already installed into it which isnt working, i get sent down to fit new alarm, im told to leave that alarm in and 'chuck' in the new alarm in less than 2 hours (cat 1) No.no.no!!! Kept having arguments with the bosses over time fitting alarms and in the end i told them to stick it!! I have a motto which has gained me alot of clientele over the years, it is 'work on any car as if it was your own' Nuff said!
    I may be black.....but i prefer white!!!
    White Mk2 VR6 (Yes, its a red 6...turbo!!)
    White Mk2 16v Gti 4 Door (Family Car)
    White Mk1 Rag-Top (Summer Ride!)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b217/ ... n/sig4.jpg

CF Nutter
    seems like more BAD fitters than good at the mo`

i used safe and sound in cheshire, i`d booked a week before but when i turned up they had no idea i was coming...

but they did the job and i know of 4 cars that they`ve done and the work was ok as far as i`m aware
    dubsport says: 157.4bhp @[email protected] (18.01.04)
    stealth says: 152.8bhp @[email protected] (27.11.05)
    latest on my car