Page 180 of 180 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180
Results 1,791 to 1,794 of 1794

Thread: The Forced Induction VR6 thread

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆
    Quote Originally Posted by fla View Post
    In terms of uprating the gearbox internals with a turbo, are there any sensible swops? Im thinking along the lines of one from a diesel, or maybe a 6 speed from an r32? Or would the r32 one be difficult/costly to adapt?
    hi m8

drop vag-hag a PM - im sure he has upgraded his gb internals to cope with his VRT output

my VR is NA, slightly modded to 210 horses - i put HiSpec 4 pots on mine rather than 288's as once you allow for the 288's to be refurb'd etc the cost was fairly close
    Bramber metallic VR6 bring on the grins as the VR sings!!!!
    Stealth head rebuild, 263's, BMC CDA, Roose M/Sport hoses, VT engine mount, KW V1s
    KUR2Y loom, daves16v short shifter, 2.5" Longlife SS exhaust with sport cat, lots of shiny bolts & 210bhp
    Alpine White 1.8 16v, Kamei skirts, Powerflow SS exhaust, back on my drive April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by g0ldf1ng3r View Post
    hi m8

drop vag-hag a PM - im sure he has upgraded his gb internals to cope with his VRT output

my VR is NA, slightly modded to 210 horses - i put HiSpec 4 pots on mine rather than 288's as once you allow for the 288's to be refurb'd etc the cost was fairly close

I’m not much use regarding spec of my gb. Jon Malik said it was strong so I bought it!
    95 Mystic Blue Storm - It's bound to cause disappointment.

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆
    02j's have their weaknesses, plastic bearing cages opposed to 02a's metal versions, weaker syncro rings, diesel gear cogs have finer pitched teeth than the 02a versions, dubious cast metal output shaft bearing carrier opposed to the older pressed metal one fitted to the 02a.. I've opened and shut loads of both type of 'boxs and in some ways it seems that Vw was going backwards instead of forwards with the 02j.
    On my turbo 16v 'box I fitted a Peloquin LSD, old version bearing carrier, metal pinion brace, inner bearing that supports the output shaft has a metal cage and I used the older style 02a syncro hubs and rings.
    02m's are weak in certain area too, plus a load of work to fit too compared.
    The last mod I'd like to do is use the grease plates that effectively seal the inner driveshaft CV joint's horrid, black grease within the cup so when you remove the shaft, you don't risk getting the bloody stuff all over the place, these clip on covers were used on the 02m driveshafts that are 100mm, opposed to the smaller 02a joints.
    Fit a reinforced clutch operating fork, along with a decent updated clutch too.
    Last edited by VEEDUBBED; 15th December 2017 at 5:29 PM.

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆

Rotrex bracket

I'm trying to test fit my rotrex bracket but am worried it's fouling the fuel rail and alternator pulley on idler pulley (but I think I can move that)

Am I being overly cautious?

16v Moonlight Blue
    1994 VR6 Green Pearl