Page 3 of 180 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Forced Induction VR6 thread

CF Nutter
    anyone for custom pulleys? What psi would you like, sir...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c82/h ... atar-1.jpg
    VR6 3.1 ABT Long Stroke, Vortech'd, Schimmel'd, Koni'd, Recaro'd, ARP'd, 6 speed LSD'd, RRFPR, FMIC, Blahblahblahblah........

CF Nutter
    finally got a map to be proud of yesterday -

i've always regarded Vince and Stealth very highly, but the time and expertise put in for the map yesterday was unbelievable and I honestly believe the expertise and dedicaton to getting the best from a car and producing the best map available would be hard to find elsewhere. Thanks a lot Vince - for everyone who already knows Stealth, I can only reinforce their reputation and for everyone who doesn't, be assured your car would be in safe hands.

Quotes of the day.

before first run
    Vince " Watch the gauge (KW gauge for rollers) - if we get to 140, we're doing really well!!"

after first run with guesstimate map to 5000rpm

"F*&KING HELL!! 193KW!!!!!"

Vince " If it gets any higher, we'll be out of range and that'll be it, can't complete the map!!!"

"I've only rough mapped to 5000rpm, we'll see what we get - 324bhp!!!!, for a first run partly-mapped run!"

second run

"58bhp!, wheres the power gone!!!!!!" (Frantic panicking by all!!) - Blew the intercooler pipes off.........

12 runs later, after

- spraying sticky stuff on the rollers to stop wheel spin
    - lashing the front, back and over the slam panel and anywhere else we could tie the car down
    - blowing the extrator box, pipe and weight across the room etc...

oodles of torque due to the crank and manifold but not as much additional bhp as we initially expected as all the power is below 6000 with this crank - where you want it really. Gave us a shock as a first run of 324, we were expecting mapping up to 6800rpm and getting 350bhp!!! But a fantastic, smooth, linear, VERY torquey map - majority of power and torque below 5500 so no need to rev the engine. Superb result.
    Mods - how can i post 3gp vid on the thread? i've uploaded to photobucket but theres no sound?

331.1bhp @5884
    311.2lb ft @5150

VR6 3.1 ABT Long Stroke, Vortech'd, Schimmel'd, Koni'd, Recaro'd, ARP'd, 6 speed LSD'd, RRFPR, FMIC, Blahblahblahblah........

CF Nutter
    we

secrets get out quick, eh....

with that setup, i haven't experienced any noticable slip after sourcing the 7 rib belt as well.

pulley size is trial and error i'm afraid kev as its hard to predict with your setup. All i can offer you is custom made pulleys to whatever diameter you want. And on the topic of square engines, all i meant was squarer than it is, not totally square. Still want the capacity but "more square" will get that top end power. In all honesty, it just becomes a game chasing higher bhp for the sake of it. It doesn't honestly need any more power.

Anyway, as i mentioned on the phone, here's some quick shots of the business end of the engine as it progressing with the tidyup exercise - camera phone only at the mo, i'm afraid - and a video which for some reason hasn't got sound????

CF-oholic!
    breaking news! Paul cheated to get such high figures, he ran the car on alcohol!

Roses are #FF0000, Violets are #0000FF
    No longer using public transport like a hippy

golf vr6

Hi lads can someone tell me whats going on in this picture ??. i was looking around for a couple of pics for a vortech stg3 upgrade for the golf just to get some ideas and came across this, can anyone set it right ????
    it takes upto 6 hours to fit a stg 3 apparently
    thanks vr6boy

CF-oholic!
    This is mine at the moment at work,Head off, stripped down ,valves relaped in new seals all round,Sump off,pistons out to check condition,all fine and back together with ARP head bolts.

Sp fitted and waiting to be plumbed in

Sound lush just as NA
    James

Now Audi Quattro B6 Avant with S4 B5 2.7 bi turbo swap,only one in the UK
    My old Corrado VR6 Turbo... Click me for the build DIY style!

CF-oholic!
    I did laugh at myself afterwards that's why i posted it..
    I've got Cooler today and it looks good for the money and just waiting on pipework now.

But to another problem,i went to the hassle of fitting the ISV to my manifold by drilling a good size hole and mounting a elbow(and the rags! lol),all looks good but it don't work
    When you first start up it idles normal for 5-10 seconds then the ISV flutters and opens up so much that it drowns the engine with to much air.
    I've checked wiring and tried different ISV with no results.
    Do you think the short manifold is to blame as were the ISV had to open up to supply enough air for the long stock manifold as is might be to much for the SP?

I'm out of ideas,and have adjusted my throttle stop and blanked ISV to have a normal idle and it idles fine,just wanted ISV for cold starting and stalling issues.

any help....cos im out :cry:
    James

CF-oholic!
    I'm going to leave the ISV in place for now but blanked off until i can get down to Vince and see what he can do,if no joy i will delete it.

Here is the state of play with mine,lots of chopping and hacking ect....but its looking and fitting well.
    Just a bit peed off as my hoses for the pipework ore delayed as im wanting black !
    James

CF-oholic!
    Thanks for the reply's,its been hard work and be prepared to cut allot out to Fit but it should be worth it
    Few more pick's with lower grill fitted and temporary mesh grill,I'm after the honey comb type on seats ect,but cant find along enough piece.

Not sure on the number plate.............

Campbell0240 the charger will get hot as its bolted to the engine as you said has hot oil passing thought it and it is compressing air.
    Once your on the move it will cool down,the VR's are a very hot engine most of the time that's why an oil cooler and intercooler is the way to go.
    As for cams most run 268 and supposed to increase mid range.?

If you are running stage two set up with red injectors you will have a MAF clamp with your kit which stops the MAF having a fit when the charger draws more air past then it can handle,think the clamp limits the peak voltage at 5volts?
    So Vince removes the MAF as its a pain.

Have fun :wink:
    James

My attempt at 12psi. It wasn't a great setup tbh. It made the numbers (over 320hp) but the plot wasn't nice and it was peaky on the road. I gave up on S/Cs at this point.
    Did have: 94 Corrado R32
    Now have: 2004 Golf R32