Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 Branch Manifolds

6 Branch Manifolds

Has anyone got a 6 branch manifold fitted to their vr6? I'm having one fitted, but haven't heard any reviews or worries over them. Advice will be welcome, cheers.

CF-oholic!
    Which brand of manifold did you go for ?
    +44(0)1903 730006 - www.G-werks.com

G60 tuning-BBM Products-KW Suspension-CNC Heads-BBS wheels-Powerflex Bushs-H&R-Nology & more

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2209/...e06126b9_o.jpg

Regular
    I've got an OBX manifold fitted to my VR. Had absolutely no problems at all fitting it, quality appears to be good and it got rid of my blowing downpipe!
    VR6 - 100% ABV
    Twilight Violet (oo-er!)

I'd be interested to see if there are any torque improvements, especially below 4000rpm!

I hear the Raceland ones are quite good for fit and finish. The OBX ones are good by the sound of it /\ too....

Well rob at ultimatune is rr before and after with the charger on so i'll see if there are any gains

CF Nutter
    Kev, remember we spoke about these things but there wasn't really too much interest to persue it, i'd like one but skint at the moment and you and H8RRA voiced up about the Raceland one!

Chris
    CF #292
    Corrado VR6nos Vortech-charged. Fast not Furious
    | Satin Silver VR6 | RS bumper | Sat-Nav | Apex | Momo Race | 165mph max out | S3 288mm brakes cross drilled | Rear grooved & drilled discs | 17" Fox VI | Short-Shift | Mongoose with DTM's | VF mount | Nos | VF Stage I S/C | FMIC | CC Calc |

Re: 6 Branch Manifolds

Hi Guys
    Finally got round to fitting my ready wrapped Raceland - purchased months ago from KADVR6 [cheers m8]
    Many thanks to Billcor who helped me source the connector/articulation joint plate via 2 UK companies who stopped stocking them but Kam Racing pointed me direct to an english speaking guy @ Raceland who was most helpful; details to follow.

My big question : Is there a recommended orientation for the 2 spring loaded spherical joint clamp bolts?

[NB This query is not targetted at the community! ]

Agreed the lower manifold/headwashers & nuts are sods, especially the middle 2, but you can get your hand behind the manifold from the drivers side, though it is tight! Much easier with inlet/TB removed.
    '95VR C fun:V9 Stg1/Schrick/Evothermspacer/263s/6 branch 2.5" catless/Aquamist/Milltek/Quaife/Mocal/Eibach's/KoniTA's/H&R/312Tarox 6/Konigs/Italvolanti/17"BBS CV's
    '02V6 4M Bora:daily
    '95Classic Storm:9 happy yrs:to VAG-hag aka my lad

Hi Monkey
    Have just fitted my Raceland but canot answer your query as I have not yet run it. [see thread]
    I have however researched the CF and conclude that the bhp gain is limited depending on existing setup, possible low rev torque gain is possible.
    However I confirm, for sure, the audible experience gain [even on the standard VR] is outstanding, especially in tunnels!
    '95VR C fun:V9 Stg1/Schrick/Evothermspacer/263s/6 branch 2.5" catless/Aquamist/Milltek/Quaife/Mocal/Eibach's/KoniTA's/H&R/312Tarox 6/Konigs/Italvolanti/17"BBS CV's
    '02V6 4M Bora:daily
    '95Classic Storm:9 happy yrs:to VAG-hag aka my lad

Enthusiast

**** it, I'm going to buy one then. How many hours would it take a non-main-dealer garage to fit it?