Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: quick-guide to storms

All storms were modified from standard VRs at the dealership that took delivery, so even the promotional brochure could differ from the finished spec.

The CCGB pics also show the original Dunlop rubber, so the car must have been pretty fresh at the time it was taken.

CF-oholic!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boye
    All storms were modified from standard VRs at the dealership that took delivery, so even the promotional brochure could differ from the finished spec.

The CCGB pics also show the original Dunlop rubber, so the car must have been pretty fresh at the time it was taken.

yes they were modified at the dealerships......the dealers fitted the storm badges and also some storms had the bbs wheel centres instead of the VW logo wheel centres(as per the brochure) but none of thestorms(let alone the mystic blue ones) came from the factory with red calipers any that have had red calipers were more than likely done by the owner rather than the dealer,as for the fact its wearing the original dunlops then i've known some cars to be still wearing their original rubber after even 3 years so that doesn't quantify it as coming from the factory or dealer with red calipers,believe me i have seen quite a few mystic blue storms and none that i've seen have ever had the red calipers on them and thats some with very low miles so unlikely to have needed to have the calipers replaced
    Rodders
    LC6U-Classic Green
    VR6 Storm
    A2 GON
    ****SCHRICK VGi Manifold,StarPerformance re-chip,K&N filter,Koni coilovers,Milltek,VT mounts,Recaro seats,Gold Centred BBS LM's and aux.guage panel****

if the storm badges were stuck on buy the dealers is it not possible that some dealers could of made up storms in other colours, just to get a sale. After all its only a badge. not like you've got anything special like Factory A/C and Purple seats backs and door cards etc, unlike the Jet Models and the Campaigns, and the Itallian Estoril Special Edition which are factory specials. or Limited edition in the case of the campaign

No disrespect to the storm, but every thing on them is or was should i say and option on the list of a standard model. apart from the paint and the badges, which im sure you will find was available on other cars in the VW range at some point. Even my paint code which i thought was Corrado only, i believe was used in Spain on the Mk3 golf, it bloody close ill say that after parking next to one.
    http://upload.the-corrado.net/files/44/home_sm.jpg
    |Present Motor: Audi A4 Avant 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line|
    |Previously: SEAT LEON FR TDI|German Spec 92 G60 JET LHD, |Mk2 Golf Cab|mk2 Fiesta 1.4s|

CF-oholic!
    Quote Originally Posted by G60Jet
    if the storm badges were stuck on buy the dealers is it not possible that some dealers could of made up storms in other colours, just to get a sale. After all its only a badge. .
    no chance of that happening as the dealer would be done under the trade description act.....and of course VW-UK wouldn't be too happy...also people buying a storm would have at least read the brochure for one you would have thought
    also by the time of the storm the VR6 was in hot demand so they wouldn't have needed to resort to falsifying a VR6 into being a storm and not 100% on this but i think the badges would have been "asigned" to the genuine storms the dealer was given
    Rodders
    LC6U-Classic Green
    VR6 Storm
    A2 GON
    ****SCHRICK VGi Manifold,StarPerformance re-chip,K&N filter,Koni coilovers,Milltek,VT mounts,Recaro seats,Gold Centred BBS LM's and aux.guage panel****

Enthusiast
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelguese
    There IS a big chance though that dealers were selling Storm badges for non-storm cars. I know for a fact that some of them did do this (my Campaign used to have Storm badges on it )
    JrB
    Scirocco Storm 1.9 skyrocket (mmmmm Leather!)

Audi A5 3.0tdi Sport Quattro (ooooooh - suits you sir!)
    Passat B5.5 TDI 130 Wagon
    ex - Karmann Corrado VR6 Campaign, G60s x 2 - never had a 16v

CF-oholic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Campaign
    There IS a big chance though that dealers were selling Storm badges for non-storm cars. I know for a fact that some of them did do this (my Campaign used to have Storm badges on it )
    i'm not disputing that jeremy,as the badges must have been available for a while from the parts depts of VW dealers,but what i am saying is its very very highly unlikely for a VW dealer to put storm badges onto a leathered up non-storm VR and try pass it off as one
    Rodders
    LC6U-Classic Green
    VR6 Storm
    A2 GON

Regular
    Badges were put on NON-STORM's. This i know as i have the only factory storm without the badges!

And before you all ask, yes it an offical storm :evil: (i made the dealer provide reams of evidence from VW UK to prove it!)
    Corrado Club GB - New site live 11th Dec 2005

http://www.corradoclub.org

http://www.corradoclub.org/forum

Mk1 GTI : Gone
    Lupo S: Gone
    Corrado Storm: Gone
    MK2 GTI: New arrival

Regular
    If anybody happens to have a spare set (and pigs might fly) I desperately want them.

(Kidney going cheap!)
    Corrado Club GB - New site live 11th Dec 2005

http://www.corradoclub.org

http://www.corradoclub.org/forum

Mk1 GTI : Gone
    Lupo S: Gone
    Corrado Storm: Gone
    MK2 GTI: New arrival

CF-oholic!
    Quote Originally Posted by corradostorm
    Badges were put on NON-STORM's. This i know as i have the only factory storm without the badges!

And before you all ask, yes it an offical storm :evil: (i made the dealer provide reams of evidence from VW UK to prove it!)

but did you buy it "brand-new" if so then why didn't you complain?and why didn't the dealer replace them?,though if you bought it 2nd-hand then they would have more than likely "been" on at some point and then have been taken off by persons or persons unknown.............i'm not saying that there isn't some storm badged fakes out there
    Rodders
    LC6U-Classic Green
    VR6 Storm
    A2 GON

Enthusiast
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelguese
    Roddy, I wasn't disputing your comments I doubt that any "dealers" put the badges on the wrong cars, but owners certainly did.

Jim, I think there were quite a few storms that didn't get the badges originally, as some dealers probably "forgot" to put them on. There were quite a few uncrupulous "traders" who put the badges on non-storms though
    JrB
    Scirocco Storm 1.9 skyrocket (mmmmm Leather!)

Audi A5 3.0tdi Sport Quattro (ooooooh - suits you sir!)
    Passat B5.5 TDI 130 Wagon
    ex - Karmann Corrado VR6 Campaign, G60s x 2 - never had a 16v