CF-oholic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Campaign
    Roddy, I wasn't disputing your comments
    :wink: no worries jeremy
    Rodders
    LC6U-Classic Green
    VR6 Storm
    A2 GON
    ****SCHRICK VGi Manifold,StarPerformance re-chip,K&N filter,Koni coilovers,Milltek,VT mounts,Recaro seats,Gold Centred BBS LM's and aux.guage panel****

If its so hard to tell the diff between a VR6 and a Storm isnt it worthing thinking about if the Storm is really worth all the extra money.

Personally if your after buying a vr6 corrado and a Storm turns up good value for moeny than its worth it but going out specially for a Storm jus doesnt seem worth it.

Just what i thought from reading this post...........

Furki

I think that Roddy would agree with me in saying that it may not well be worth the extra money/time needed to buy a "good" STORM but they are one of the rarer Cs.This is usually the reason that people pay the extra money for them,not just for the spec.We all know that a VR6 can out spec a STORM but you will not find a standard VR6 in Mystic Blue,repainted one maybe.I personally bought mine based on the fact that mine was VR6 price and I thought that I would be part of an elite owners club - as are all C owners in my opinion.

Just my 2p's worth...

John

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicStorm
    but you will not find a standard VR6 in Mystic Blue
    That's true but you will see plenty of MK3 Golfs wearing Mystic Blue and Classic Green though!

Just about the only things VW didn't take from the Corporate parts bin for the Storm are the little red badges! I think they should have deleted the VR6 badge and just had 'Corrado Storm'. Much neater and invokes an air of mystery.

The Storm is just history repeating itself though. The Scirocco storm didn't get much extra over the regular GTI either.

So for future Storm models, read that as leather and a red badge!

Can you go into VW and buy the Storm badges? Or are they anal about it like BMW's M livery? You need to show them the log book to get genuine M badges.

Kev
    Did have: 94 Corrado R32
    Now have: 2004 Golf R32

CF-oholic!
    Quote Originally Posted by kevhaywire
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicStorm
    but you will not find a standard VR6 in Mystic Blue
    That's true but you will see plenty of MK3 Golfs wearing Mystic Blue and Classic Green though!

Just about the only things VW didn't take from the Corporate parts bin for the Storm are the little red badges! I think they should have deleted the VR6 badge and just had 'Corrado Storm'. Much neater and invokes an air of mystery.

The Storm is just history repeating itself though. The Scirocco storm didn't get much extra over the regular GTI either.

So for future Storm models, read that as leather and a red badge!

Can you go into VW and buy the Storm badges? Or are they anal about it like BMW's M livery? You need to show them the log book to get genuine M badges.

Kev

they've been deleted for well over 2 years kev!!!!............but i reckon they weren't as "anal" as what BMW are about "Motorsport" parts
    Rodders
    LC6U-Classic Green
    VR6 Storm
    A2 GON
    ****SCHRICK VGi Manifold,StarPerformance re-chip,K&N filter,Koni coilovers,Milltek,VT mounts,Recaro seats,Gold Centred BBS LM's and aux.guage panel****

Enthusiast
    If I can just elaborate on what ClassicStorm said, the Storm is generally more expensive than the VR6 (unless your lucky) but it is the ultimate Corrado. Ofcourse you can get higher spec models, you could get a higher spec Austin Allegro! This is not the point, in years to come the Storm will become rarer still and be more collectable and therefore more expensive. This is why I paid the extra cash for my Storm knowing it was basically a normal VR6, I wanted to be the owner of a very rare and collectable car and be part of the final batch of one of the best cars ever made.

You will always pay over the odd's for special/limited editions of anything.
    The less there is the more expensive it will be, this applies to everything in life.

Just my opinion.
    I have found that in order to know and appreciate the highs in life you must experience the lows.

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆
    Does anyone know who to tell what number of Storm they have?
    Mystic Blue Storm standard - not for long though!

Quote Originally Posted by vr6storm
    they've been deleted for well over 2 years kev!!!!............but i reckon they weren't as "anal" as what BMW are about "Motorsport" parts
    LOL, that shows what I know then doesn't it

I agree the Storm is the one to have for prosperity's sake but only if left completely standard imo.

Kev
    Did have: 94 Corrado R32
    Now have: 2004 Golf R32

CF-oholic!
    Quote Originally Posted by smudge
    Does anyone know who to tell what number of Storm they have?
    they weren't numbered AFAIK......also the chassis numbers were all over the place so one C could be a storm and the very next one could have been an 8 valver
    Rodders
    LC6U-Classic Green
    VR6 Storm
    A2 GON

CF-oholic!
    What's the difference between "classic green" and "dragon green" then?
    Builder of The World's first 3.2 24v 4WD Corrado :-D