Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: back in a corrado (vrt time!)

Enthusiast
    Finally made some visible progress on this today after spending time repairing some rust at the bottom of the a pillars making the bottom of one of the front wings in fresh metal as had gone crusty

Also rewrapped the loom in oe tesa tape made new brake lines and sprayed all brackets master cylinder servo etc with chassis black

Made up the front running gear and fitted to the car all new oem bolts used r32 rear Bush's all others oem, ball joints drop links all new oem

Hope fully get cracking on with it again now
    And

aqua blue 1.8T now r.i.p, black vr6 wishing i never sold all the goodies off the 1.8t! http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...arpicsig-1.jpg

formerly jeffcabage!

Enthusiast
    So not posted for a bit but been busy with the car still got engine back in with everything painted brackets abs unit etc etc rewrapped the loom new brake lines

Then I have been on with painting the rest of the car got stuck on the main body of it as kept getting reactions in the paint but I'm getting there now just the boot doors and bumpers left to do and reassemble then back on the road easy peasy lol hopefully get some use before they start salting the roads

Only on the last picture I have flatted the clear coat and once over with polisher other pics are in basecoat or before cutting and polishing
    aqua blue 1.8T now r.i.p, black vr6 wishing i never sold all the goodies off the 1.8t! http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...arpicsig-1.jpg

formerly jeffcabage!

Looks great, and on that note, what did you use to attach the pictures?
    95 Classic Green Storm
    95 Flash Red VR6

For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
    For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible

Enthusiast
    Cheers and a app called direct upload image sharer, you go to the gallery on your phone share the image with the app then select forum bb code image and it puts the img code on your clipboard you then just select them to post, I'm sure I have made it sound harder than it actually is

formerly jeffcabage!

Eh, is that an Android app? Can’t find it in the App Store?
    95 Classic Green Storm
    95 Flash Red VR6

For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
    For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible

Enthusiast
    I'm on android so possibly only on that platform

formerly jeffcabage!

Getting there. Have you just the one fan on a standard rad?
    4th one surely the last

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1xshaunx1 View Post
    Getting there. Have you just the one fan on a standard rad?
    Sorry mate only just seen this comment! It has two slimline fans on a standard rad

formerly jeffcabage!

Regular
    Some fine work going on here. That engine bay refresh looks wonderful, and that colour really is lovely. I would have fancied redoing the whole bay, but don't really have the time, space or inclination to really go for it so am settling for just touching up.

That respray looks the business though. Always nice to see the results people can get at home without spending thousands at a body shop.

Just a quick question, how did you get the corrosion off your gearbox before spraying it? I've been cleaning up some other alloy parts and it's been a struggle - I had planned to do my gearbox but with the effort involved with the other parts had decided not to bother. Seeing yours like that though has made me think I really should!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by oneohtwo View Post
    Some fine work going on here. That engine bay refresh looks wonderful, and that colour really is lovely. I would have fancied redoing the whole bay, but don't really have the time, space or inclination to really go for it so am settling for just touching up.

That respray looks the business though. Always nice to see the results people can get at home without spending thousands at a body shop.

Just a quick question, how did you get the corrosion off your gearbox before spraying it? I've been cleaning up some other alloy parts and it's been a struggle - I had planned to do my gearbox but with the effort involved with the other parts had decided not to bother. Seeing yours like that though has made me think I really should!
    Thanks for the nice comment the car is now on the road again was a lot of hard work spraying it myself not sure I would do another or that the wife would allow me as it took up a lot of my time!

The gearbox I washed with gunk then attacked it with a selection of different wire wheels took some time/effort but I think worth it

formerly jeffcabage!