Page 3 of 116 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Suspension Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett
    Kev - to be honest when I bought the car the ARB's didnt really mean anything to me but affter driving with them, and driving a rado without, it would be one of the first mods I'd do to any other Rado I own....
    Absolutely! ARBs make the car feel lighter and more responsive to turn-in, as well as reducing roll, probably the best £200 you could spend on a Rado I reckon!

Colley - Good aren't they? ;-)
    Did have: 94 Corrado R32
    Now have: 2004 Golf R32

Enthusiast
    Its Anti Roll Bars... they help prevent body roll on the car and make the handling feel much more responsive.... not a hugely expensive mod either....

and yup, I have 9's both front and rear....
    Currently - Jeep Cherokee 4ltr - all the toys and enough torque to tow a small country...

...and red 16v Rado no 3... yes, my name is Laura and I am a Corrado-aholic....

CF-oholic!
    iow_corrado_g60, point your mouse over the ARB in red and it'll tell you what it is!

It works with any abbrieviation that comes up in red mate.

Enthusiast
    I have experiece of a few different setups
    On my old VR6 golf i have koni coilovers, made the car 100 times better nicer handeling less lift under acceleration and much less dive under braking, that was coupled witn new OE bushes in the front suspension.
    Worked very very well
    then i got my g60, in that it had some horrific gmax setup that was pure hell on wheels, so i binned that and got a set of koni coilovers with some powerflex bushes, the turn in was 100 times better and nice and firm to drive, not to everyones taste, but i liked the harshness and feel of it on twisty road its was fun to drive.
    on my 16v corrado i have koni top adjustables and H&R springs, these are a great setup for an every day car, not too harsh but yet firm enough and the adjustment makes them tweakable enough to see what suits you.

I would not recomend coilover for anyone who likes their car as comfortable on all road surfaces, cheap coilovers are a definate no no to as they are just crap generally.
    For the money koni t/a's and h&R springs are a great bet
    poly bushes are a good bet for anyone who wants a hard car that turns in well, but OE for comfort
    I have some eiback ARB's to fit to the g60, once it gets painted but they are supposed to make a fantastic difference, we will see.

Has anyone had any experience with KW suspension, i am looking at theyir V3 setup for my blue corrado at the moment and have heard lots of good stuff, mainly form BMW owners thougth, only a few vw heads
    Click the logo's to see the info on my 2 corrado's
    http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m.../g60_logo1.gif
    1992 G60 (soon to be finished 16v g60)

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...VWR_CO_8tw.gif
    1993 2L 16v, now becoming an R32 Syncro/haldex hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by rmn
    I would not recomend coilover for anyone who likes their car as comfortable on all road surfaces, cheap coilovers are a definate no no to as they are just crap generally.
    The H&R coils are the exception to that rule :-) They ride better than the Koni/H&R combo. They were designed to be forgiving and used to be called 'Comfort', but they're just called "H&R coilovers" now, which is the cheapest of the range, "PCS" is the middle range with adjustable bump and rebound and the "RSS" is the range topper with 9 position damping adjustment, but it's very hard! All H&R coils are built around Bilstein PSS dampers (PSS9 in the RRS's case). They cost about £70 to rebuild and last approx 3 years on average.

Has anyone had any experience with KW suspension, i am looking at theyir V3 setup for my blue corrado at the moment and have heard lots of good stuff, mainly form BMW owners thougth, only a few vw heads
    Yeah I want to hear feedback on those too as I was considering getting some myself.
    Did have: 94 Corrado R32
    Now have: 2004 Golf R32

ARB 's - recommend a make or type? Supplier? Im curious; i get plenty of roll, but the car turns in plenty quick enough, it almost ties its self in knots.

Enthusiast
    Eibach is what I have, am not sure of any other makes to be honest - but they are highly recommended. I have seen them advertised on the Venom website so have a look on there. less than £170 a set from what I remember.

The thing with the corrado is that even as standard on standard wheels the handling is better than most from that era, with a decent set of coilies/springs and dampers and things like poly bushes and ARB's you can only make it better...!!!
    Currently - Jeep Cherokee 4ltr - all the toys and enough torque to tow a small country...

...and red 16v Rado no 3... yes, my name is Laura and I am a Corrado-aholic....

Enthusiast
    Eibach or H&R ARB's are the ones to go for
    H&R make adjustable arb's too, but they are a little more expencive.

@Kev, i didnt realise the H&R coilovers were infact Bilstein's with h&R springs.
    Click the logo's to see the info on my 2 corrado's
    http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m.../g60_logo1.gif
    1992 G60 (soon to be finished 16v g60)

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...VWR_CO_8tw.gif
    1993 2L 16v, now becoming an R32 Syncro/haldex hybrid

CF-oholic!
    Quote Originally Posted by kevHaywire
    Yeah I want to hear feedback on those too as I was considering getting some myself.
    I've heard alot of good stuff about the KW's. And they look amazing build quality.
    In fact I think I've just been talked into ordering a set of variant 2's.

I've also just tried a 2.0 16v on weitec coilovers - very nice. Nice comfortable ride even with a relatively big drop.
    TRAITOR!

Alfa Romeo 156 GTA 3.2 V6 - 260 bhp - Ragazzon exhaust and carbon intake - temporarily dead!

Alfa Romeo 155 2.0TS Widebody Sportpack - Loud and Black

Enthusiast
    well, I guess I can share my setup with y'all too

koni pressure adjustables with weitec springs (-60mm)
    I think I got 215/40/17s, and it is harsh but nothing I can't handle. My car is also fitted with YELLOW(!) strut braces both front and rear. Are ARBs and strut braces the same thing, or are ARBs under the car?

The car handles like a go-kart, and won't let go very easily at all
    Kris Selbekk indahouse
    '89 Corrado G60 - the thread
    Pride and Joy edition - Quartz Metallic
    17" Dezent wheels, 60mm koni / weitec drop, color coded everything, mono wiper, Strut braces front and rear, InPro rear lights, new alarm & central locking, audioscape pods, focal / alpine ICE, few engine tweaks.