Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: headlamp reflector removal???

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by fendervg View Post
    Is it the knurled knob of the adjuster that breaks, or the white plastic clamp thing that sits on the end of the ball joint/screw?

    I have a nice set of electric adjusters stashed away, and they have a manual dial for adjustment as a backup.
    The knurled knob is a bit weak, but that's no big deal, it's the large plastic grommit type part that engages into the rear of the headlamp housing and has the screw thread through the middle of that breaks. You don't need to touch the adjuster to remove the lens, but it's very hard to put so little pressure on the adjuster that you get the reflector out without breaking it, it's phenomenally fragile.

    3D printed replacements would be GREAT. If you can find an undamaged one to copy .. !!!
    [ WARNING: the above message may contain irony, sarcasm and outright lies. ]

    ** Every time you think about sex, another Corrado gets written off. **

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyo View Post
    The handle and the internal sleeve are fragile it is a very poor quality plastic. The white bits on the end that house the reflector are better quality and were still very strong.

    Looks different then the Corrado one but seen these and says fits.

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLKSWAGE...97.m4902.l9144


    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLKSWAGO...cAAOSwbtVZS8FN
    These don't look big enough to me. It needs to be about 30mm diameter.
    [ WARNING: the above message may contain irony, sarcasm and outright lies. ]

    ** Every time you think about sex, another Corrado gets written off. **

  3. #13
    ⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆ Keyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th December 2018
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    1,365
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_mat View Post
    These don't look big enough to me. It needs to be about 30mm diameter.
    Yes I think they are no good. However I have found some new ones for sale but please sit down when looking at the price.


    https://www.arz-tuning.de/shop/en/ad...stment-corrado

  4. #14
    ⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆ Keyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th December 2018
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    1,365
    I take it the knurled handle is meant to spin up and down the thread because mine has rusted on the end. Also the sleeve inside has snapped on both also casing that fits in housing is loose with cracks . Looks like I'm going to have to buy some adjusters, I suppose I could see it as £250 for basically new headlights (reflectors) and that adjust properly. I imagine all the second hand light available will be in poor condition so do not think it was better to buy some second hand headlights.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyo View Post
    Yes I think they are no good. However I have found some new ones for sale but please sit down when looking at the price.


    https://www.arz-tuning.de/shop/en/ad...stment-corrado
    Relieved to say "404 page not found"..!
    [ WARNING: the above message may contain irony, sarcasm and outright lies. ]

    ** Every time you think about sex, another Corrado gets written off. **

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyo View Post
    I take it the knurled handle is meant to spin up and down the thread because mine has rusted on the end. Also the sleeve inside has snapped on both also casing that fits in housing is loose with cracks . Looks like I'm going to have to buy some adjusters, I suppose I could see it as £250 for basically new headlights (reflectors) and that adjust properly. I imagine all the second hand light available will be in poor condition so do not think it was better to buy some second hand headlights.
    Yes it's a problem .. you can buy new old stock headlights, but I've only ever found one side. https://www.vwheritage.com/536941018...right-vw-spare

    I fabricated something:

    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...hts-still-poor
    Last edited by dr_mat; 4 Days Ago at 5:48 PM.
    [ WARNING: the above message may contain irony, sarcasm and outright lies. ]

    ** Every time you think about sex, another Corrado gets written off. **

  7. #17
    ⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆ Keyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th December 2018
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    1,365
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_mat View Post
    Yes it's a problem .. you can buy new old stock headlights, but I've only ever found one side. https://www.vwheritage.com/536941018...right-vw-spare

    I fabricated something:

    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...hts-still-poor
    That headlight is for an early car DR Mat. Arz are selling the OE adjuster for 60 euro each . By the way you can still buy the seal for the adjuster.
    Last edited by Keyo; 4 Days Ago at 5:49 PM.

  8. #18
    I'm sure I found them selling a headlamp for a late car at one point, but it's not listed any more.

    60 Euro. Ouch. But yeah, they are rare and unique ... !
    [ WARNING: the above message may contain irony, sarcasm and outright lies. ]

    ** Every time you think about sex, another Corrado gets written off. **

  9. #19
    ⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆ Keyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th December 2018
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    1,365
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_mat View Post
    I'm sure I found them selling a headlamp for a late car at one point, but it's not listed any more.

    60 Euro. Ouch. But yeah, they are rare and unique ... !
    I actually have purchased two of the adjusters and just got off the phone to the councillor seeking redemption.
    Last edited by Keyo; 4 Days Ago at 8:29 PM.

  10. #20
    CF Nutter fendervg's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th June 2009
    Location
    Dublin, IE
    Posts
    2,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyo View Post
    I actually have purchased two of the adjusters and just got off the phone to the councillor seeking redemption.
    Ha ha - I think I might actually have a few of these bought when they were more reasonably priced stashed away. Methinks I'll stick them up on Fleabay for something outrageous!
    ____________
    fendervg

    93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 21st January 2011, 12:44 PM
  2. Headlight reflector removal
    By vwdeviant in forum Exterior
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11th January 2007, 5:55 PM
  3. Chrome reflector on fog light
    By dan in forum Exterior
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 8th October 2006, 8:18 PM
  4. New wheels & pipe. + reflector mod (update 23/9/04)
    By coullstar in forum Members Gallery
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 4th October 2004, 6:45 PM
  5. bulb/headlamp removal
    By Bauhaus in forum Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 8th August 2004, 9:51 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
We are the world's largest community for VW's Super Coupé! Be it 8v, 16v, G60 or VR6 (or maybe something else!), everybody's welcome! If this is your first visit, be sure to click register and fill out your details before you can post.
Help us
This site is run on donations.
Please help keep the forum alive!
Follow us
advertising & sponsorship
Are you a company looking for advertising that could benefits our users? For site & forum sponsorship, please see our dedicated microsite here.