Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TT Wipers (arms & blades)

TT Wipers (arms & blades)

Alright peeps...

Just thought I'd share the progress of my TT wiper conversion.

I was at the Audi dealer last week and spotted the new low profile aero blades on some cars and I fancied a bit of that. My mate who works there dug out a tape measure and we found the TT (2005 model) arms and blades to be the closest match to the C.

I also liked the way the TT arms sit closer to the screen than the Lupo ones and also the fact they are a lot beefier and angled to reduce noise and juddering at speed.

This is work in progress at the moment, but as you can see, the blades meet in the middle. The TT passenger arm is unsuitable as it's far too long, so I need to do some digging and find a slimline 19" blade with the correct offset.

In the meantime, I haven't yet worked out if you can move the centre hinge or not, so I've snipped an inch off the passenger blade and realigned the arms accordingly. So they don't look as messy as they do in preliminary test pics!

They don't look massively different to the lupo ones in the pics, but believe me, in the flesh they are very different and they wipe a lot more of the screen and a whole lot smoother too.

Time will tell if these new slimline blades last any longer than the older style ones, but it was something to do anyway :-)

Both arms and blades came to £80.42p, so cheaper than the Lupo ones anyway!

Arm x 2 - 8N2 955 408D
    Blade x 2 - 8N2 955 425E
    Last edited by Kevin Bacon; 21st July 2011 at 11:11 AM.
    Did have: 94 Corrado R32
    Now have: 2004 Golf R32

CF-oholic!
    Nice one

I'm suprised no-one else thought to try them really

I bet they'll hike the price up if they start to sell more!

P.S Sorry about the lens flare, I am a sheeeite photographer. Better pics of the finalised install to follow soon with my proper camera.

Cheers Kev! Good work!
    I'm assuming that the base needs grinding back because it doesn't fit into the recess around the spindle for the wipers, because it is, for want of a better description, fatter than the original?

Nah mate, all it is is the base of the arm strikes the plastic cowling slightly when at the max sweep position. The pass side cowling has a lump in it around the wiper shaft for some reason, whereas the driver's side is flat.

You literally just need to grind a small arc into the arm base with a dremel, really nothing major at all. Or you can trim the cowling a small amount.

cool, I think I understand. I'll have a look at mine later on tonight, in the meantime i'm on the phone to southampton audi, who........ don't have any arms, and want £110!!!!! news must have spread very quickly!! is the part number for the arms 8N2955408D?

Absolutely mate, when/if you stick them on, you'll see what needs doing. When the wipers are on, you'll see the plastic cowling lift up slightly as the arm hits it. Should all make sense in front of you ;-)

£110!!

There is a 26% (unofficial) permissable discount on the arms and about 10% on the blades, so try and haggle mate.

Sorry, I forgot to mention the price I paid was the discounted one

P/Ns are at home but that looks familiar. Basically just 2 x drivers arms and blades.

Basingstoke Audi quoted £33.54 and £10ish for arms and wipers, but he's not sure which arms, he had a choice of 4 or 5, all the same price, and he needed a chassis number, it never fails to amaze me the difference in dealerships.

OK, not to worry, I will post up the part numbers later and then he can stick his chassis number :-)

Brilliant. Cheers for that.