Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: TT Wipers (arms & blades)

Hi, the TT setup looks very similar to the cheaper wipers from the aero wiper GB except they need no mods... Is the TT setup better? The aeros make a very clean sweep, but then it causes a fine spray right in the line of sight to appear on the way back down..I think its water trapped where the blade and arm meet or something..
    My Storm HERE | 17" BBS RCs | Aero Wipers | BMC CDA | 19 Row Mocal | KWs | 312 Fronts | 263 cams | EVO Featured
    AM V12V | SQ5 | Caterham R460ish Superlight Race | Clio 197 Race | Series 1 Landy | Corrado VR6 VW Cup to be |

good work Kev mate, as usual

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Warning
    Hi, the TT setup looks very similar to the cheaper wipers from the aero wiper GB except they need no mods... Is the TT setup better? The aeros make a very clean sweep, but then it causes a fine spray right in the line of sight to appear on the way back down..I think its water trapped where the blade and arm meet or something..
    I haven't seen the GB wipers so I don't know. If they're just the regular ones you can get from the dealer, then yes the TT ones are better.
    There are a number of changes on the TT ones not immediately obvious in the pics.
    As for mods, I'd hardly call snipping a bit off the blade a mod, a 2 minute job. For the extra wipe area these give, it's well worth it. As I said at the start, this is still 'work in progress' ;-)
    Did have: 94 Corrado R32
    Now have: 2004 Golf R32

Has anyone tried the MK5 Golf arms and blades, I believe the blades are the right size, just wondering if the arms would be OK, apparently they are cheaper than the Lupo ones
    It only takes one bad grape to ruin a fine bottle of wine

kevhaywire, ok, 'mod' was a bit ott ;-) worth doing anything to maximise visibility, this looks to be an excellent find.
    My Storm HERE | 17" BBS RCs | Aero Wipers | BMC CDA | 19 Row Mocal | KWs | 312 Fronts | 263 cams | EVO Featured
    AM V12V | SQ5 | Caterham R460ish Superlight Race | Clio 197 Race | Series 1 Landy | Corrado VR6 VW Cup to be |

I've finalised the install now and it looks ace :-)

Can't get the pics up as my camera lead is at work, so Monday will reveal all.

Once I find a suitable blade for the passenger side, I'll post it up, but I didn't mind hacking one as an experiment.

Arm x 2 - 8N2 955 408D
    Blade x 2 - 8N2 955 425E

I will check the VW arms (MK5 etc) next time I'm at VW. Most manufacturers use them now and most seem to also use the same mounting spline and nut size. So who's going to volunteer to go round all the different makes of dealers with a tape measure? :-)

CF Nutter
    quality, might go and see my local audi dealership and get these ordered up, still got the standard ones on there!! (mind you, it is summertime-wont be using them for a while!) so i just need the above parts and a bit of a trim on the passenger wiperblade and arm, and it should fit fine ?
    '91 Corrado G60---[strike:1xsdf0rc]2.016vG60 GOING IN NOW[/strike:1xsdf0rc]---Time for something new
    '95 Corrado VR6---Getting there---now wearing BBS301s...

CF-oholic!
    so 2 drivers arms?
    KR 16VG60 Lysholm Charger 55mm pulley h20/meth inj FMIC, isv delete, flowed TB, g-werks chip, 440cc greens, ABF cams, 2.5" exhaust

Stoney, flusted - Yep in answer to your Qs ;-)

The passenger blade trimmage is just what I did but if you can find a different blade that works, all the better Still working on that.

More shots.....

Enthusiast
    Any instructions on how you went about it?

My passenger side arm catches, so would be interested to hear how you solved the problem?