Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: TT Wipers (arms & blades)

CF Nutter
    have you tried seat leon blades ? was behind one of the new seats and it had the new fancy wipers on! just a thought.
    '91 Corrado G60---[strike:1xsdf0rc]2.016vG60 GOING IN NOW[/strike:1xsdf0rc]---Time for something new
    '95 Corrado VR6---Getting there---now wearing BBS301s...

Regular
    Am i the only one who thikns £80+ on wipers is just a little bit stupid???

I have all original VW wipers and theres bugger all wrong wit hthem, they wipe all the screen, dont lift off the screen at speed and are cheap, and no i havnt bent them or buggered about apart from grinding a bit off the edge of hte internal cam in the arm...
    Mark

1994 2.0 8valve, Blackberry Metallic, AmD Re chip, FK Coilovers, Brembo Disks, Scorpion boxer exhaust, Focal 136v front components,

I have all original VW wipers and theres bugger all wrong wit hthem, they wipe all the screen, dont lift off the screen at speed and are cheap, and no i havnt bent them or buggered about apart from grinding a bit off the edge of hte internal cam in the arm...
    it is stupid but the original arms cant always be sorted like that. i have seen at least 3 revisions of the original arms some of which are just total useless.

on the other side of the coin i have seen some that are spot on and need no bending or changing.

Its annoying that vw never did anything about this to start with!

As for the TT option is does look good, i have been recently looking at sarb 93 turbo arms as an option...

Quote Originally Posted by mbaker8v

To be perfectly honest, after seeing the difference between uprated wipers such as the lupo units and my shonkey bent originals I think £80 is perfectly sensible

Quote Originally Posted by mbaker8v

No you're right, you waste your money on stroeve induction kits trying to make your 8V faster instead.

The standard wipers are utter [email protected] We've all done the dremel thing and they're still [email protected]
    Did have: 94 Corrado R32
    Now have: 2004 Golf R32

CF Nutter
    they're still [email protected]
    agreed!
    '91 Corrado G60---[strike:1xsdf0rc]2.016vG60 GOING IN NOW[/strike:1xsdf0rc]---Time for something new
    '95 Corrado VR6---Getting there---now wearing BBS301s...

Regular
    No you're right, you waste your money on stroeve induction kits trying to make your 8V faster instead.

I wasnt trying to make it faster kev, just wanted the noise.. anyone who has any idea knows that an induction kit CANT make a car faster cos the design of hte airbox's and filters now is about as good as it gets, same with the exhausts...

And as i said, my VW wipers are as good as wipers get, so get off your soap box, your NOT always right!!!!
    Mark

1994 2.0 8valve, Blackberry Metallic, AmD Re chip, FK Coilovers, Brembo Disks, Scorpion boxer exhaust, Focal 136v front components,

now now - lets be nice!! :evil:
    95 Mystic Blue Storm - It's bound to cause disappointment.

Oh right, induction noise chaser, LOL! Now that is money well spent isn't it, when you could have just cut a hole in the OE box and done the same job :-)

Who said I am always right anyway? It's only people like you that just assume I think I am, rather than taking the thread on face value and realising I am just trying to help people. If you think your ****e wipers are good, fine.
    Did have: 94 Corrado R32
    Now have: 2004 Golf R32

the wipers on all 3 of my Corrados have been utter pish... until I fitted the Lupo GTI ones on the 2 I still own and was happily amazed by the difference... If anyone can find an upgrade on that upgrade, then that's brilliant in my book!
    H-YYU - '91 Pearl Grey G60... was 251.7 BHP SOLD
    J562DUB - Aqua blue G60 - RIP
    H714HKC - Tornado Red 1.8 16V - RIP