Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2666747576

Thread: Jim Bowen Corrado VR6 - New engine build

Yeah it was the same sound I've heard from coilpack shorting out. Like a small click type sound.

Only noticed it yesterday as i had bonnet up and engine running when i got out of car.

I'm not getting my hopes up though. Can see it still doing the same tomorrow
    Just like a golf................But better!!!

Just moved the car, has made no difference, still running rough

Well it’s another problem off the list Jim . Bit like my idle problem.

92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

Wonder if it could be head gasket related. Coolant is going down with no signs of leaking. Not sure what else to try at the moment. Will vagcom it again see if anything shows up.

Spose it could be bad fuel, i did fill it up and then problem started about 6 miles later.

Just don't fancy fitting the new engine and still have the problem when trying to run it in.

Mmmm. Like you say if the coolant is going down and there’s no visible leak. I would have thought it has to be leaking in the engine. It does sound like the head gasket Jim .

92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

Found the coolant leak, its the thermostat housing so that easy to sort out.

Still not sorted out the rough running, not really been too bothered since getting the Fiesta ST but now the weather is nice i fancy taking corrado out.

Not sure where to begin though. Starts fine and idles ok, but as soon as you try to accelerate it goes really lumpy and misfires with pops and bangs etc

Think i need to start from the beginning and just go through everything, nothing shows up on vagcom. Can a cat falling apart inside cause this, might take it off and have a look as its the original one still.

Enthusiast
    The rough running is the Corrado airing it's disappointment as you get behind the wheel of a Ford!

Hope you sort it Jim . I’ve been busy on the interior, so have left my sketchy idle and miss fire. I had a look on Sunday, still can’t find the fault.

Still not got it sorted, the corrado has sat in garage for ages now and i need to get on with it.

Might just fit the new engine and see if the misfire is still there, am starting to think the engine in car is to blame, i put new plugs in it and noticed the one in cylinder 6 is all black and looking in the cylinder with my scope it appears all wet and oily in there. Other cylinders also seem to have a coating of black gunk but a couple look dry and cleaner.