Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tonedef's Classic Green VR

Administrator
    Only just realised it was you I talked to for a good amount of time at Stanford Hall this weekend, in the concours area. Good to put a face to a name and look forward to seeing your car after the paint job

2001 BMW E39 530d SE Touring (Black) | 1999 BMW E39 523i SE (with Sport Pack) Saloon (Black) | Ex-Corrado Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Only just realised it was you I talked to for a good amount of time at Stanford Hall this weekend, in the concours area. Good to put a face to a name and look forward to seeing your car after the paint job
    I only realised who you were just before we went our separate ways.

Remember the musing about sinking the centre brake light into the tailgate so it sits flush? Well I spoke to the guy doing the bodywork today and he's up to the challenge so we'll see if he can't make something a bit original. I tend to work away through the week but plan to try and get regular Saturday photos of progress from the body shop, must try to keep my gallery more up to date! Not booking a place yet but plan to make the stand at Stanford Hall next year.
    95 Classic Green VR6: Climatronic & OBD2, Grey Leather Recaro Interior
    CCGB No. 58

Administrator
    Excellent - I look forward to seeing what he comes up with Will keep an eye out for updates!

2001 BMW E39 530d SE Touring (Black) | 1999 BMW E39 523i SE (with Sport Pack) Saloon (Black) | Ex-Corrado Owner

Once again it has been an age between updates, almost two years this time during which my car has sat in the corner of the paint shop. Suddenly there's action and it's coming home next weekend

IMG_1731.jpg
    CCGB No. 58

Close to finished, almost ten years after taking it off the road. Runs, drives, stops, just needs some seats and we'll be going for an MOT!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_18ec.jpg
    CCGB No. 58

Regular
    Looks a beauty!

Looks lovely, you must be very excited
    Good luck with the mot
    1999-2001 91' Nugget Yellow G60
    2001-2014 94' Brilliant Black VR6
    Current - 95' Diamond Black VR6

Quote Originally Posted by virtuoso23 View Post
    Looks a beauty!
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Looks lovely, you must be very excited
    Good luck with the mot
    Thanks, it'll be nice to drive it again, further than the end of the drive anyway. I parked it up in August 2008 when I bought an R32 and have basically chipped away at it on and off ever since. I've had plans of making Stanford Hall every year since I was there last in 2014 but things have dragged on a bit, it was in the paint shop two years during which time we moved house so that's been number 1 priority the last couple of years.

Seats and door cards are being re-trimmed and should be back next month, I'm fitting the last bits of interior trim at the moment after which I'll throw the scrap yard Golf seat back in so I can at least shuffle it around. I need to get the a/c re-gassed which may be interesting as it'll be the first time with the Mk4 Golf condenser and made up pipework. I did the tracking by eye and now can see that it toes out a little but on the whole it's closer than it's been in ages.

Not too concerned about the MOT although the ABS light seems to have developed a mind of it's own.......over the weekend it was just staying on, I checked and cleared the codes after which it worked OK and now it's not even lighting when I switch on the ignition. Hopefully a decent run followed by clearing any codes before the test will sort it out.
    CCGB No. 58