Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Forced Induction 20V Thread

The Forced Induction 20V Thread

A good place to discuss your 20vt conversions and any issues you may have with running etc.

Just for vwdeviant it should be a sticky as more people are running them in Corrado's.

CF-oholic!

Re: The Forced Induction 20V Thread

Quote Originally Posted by junkie
    A good place to discuss your 20vt conversions and any issues you may have with running etc.

Just for vwdeviant it should be a sticky as more people are running them in Corrado's.
    Beat me to it..
    http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...0095_36441.jpg
    Herts Premier Dub Club. 1st Thursday/3rd Sunday of the month.

www.nomadsvw.co.uk

May aswell Sticky toffee pudding it ;-)

At this rate we'll have all manner of Forced induction threads. "The forced induction Aga thread", "The forced induction Flymo thread" and so on....
    Did have: 94 Corrado R32
    Now have: 2004 Golf R32

Enthusiast

hey , gues this is the correct place to post this so here goes lol , were can i get a remap and what do i need for my 20vt , its the 180bhp from the cupra , any idea what they cost and if there are diferent sorts of mapping? also what sorts of econimy gains or losses and bhp gains should i expect? many thanks (used to a valver). mistrall xx
    http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5832/20v.th.jpg
    twilight violet 20vt K&N , FORGED INLET , LUPO WIPERS , stage 2 map , fmic . (bhp 208 with faulty maf and n75v)

2.0ltr 16v 'perl grey' k-reg powerflow exaust lowered g60 brakes lupo wipers - curanty 148bhp. (missed)

Try the likes of Revo etc for Generic remaps, pretty much load and go.

Or if you want a specific remap for your engine which is more useful for an engine with a few bolt on goodies then try the likes of Jabbasport/Stealth etc for a custom remap.

All thats needed either way is your wallet lightened between £350-£500.

Most 1.8T remaps are done over the serial port as 180 and 225 ECUs have a checksum state, which means it will shut itself down if it detects any changes in the maps. It is possible to live map a 1.8T, so long as you use an emulator and delete the checksum error checker. I don't know who can do that though!
    Did have: 94 Corrado R32
    Now have: 2004 Golf R32

Jabbasport have an emulator and they map 20v's all day sure they could help, its mainly Michael Truluck who is the 20v mapping man who you should chat to.

Enthusiast

many thanks lads , il get on it
    twilight violet 20vt K&N , FORGED INLET , LUPO WIPERS , stage 2 map , fmic . (bhp 208 with faulty maf and n75v)

2.0ltr 16v 'perl grey' k-reg powerflow exaust lowered g60 brakes lupo wipers - curanty 148bhp. (missed)

I can personally recommend Custom-Code, and they now have a mobile service that'll come to your house. My Leon has the same AUQ engine as your Corrado and it's so much fun since the remap. Fuel economy hasn't really changed, unless you start regularly using the extra 60+bhp and 80+lbft. VAGCheck in Staines are a Custom-Code agent too, and probably not that far away.

Final gains will depend entirely on your other mods. If the engine is standard or lightly modified then a stage one generic map is probably the way ahead. Stage two generic maps account for intake and exhaust mods and offer more power, or there are bespoke custom maps available. You'll probably be better off getting the car custom mapped as it's an engine conversion.

Enthusiast

also , (nooby question) , i have a boost guage that measures upto 1psi , but there is a red bar at 0.8psi , are these accurate and should i be staying out of the red or can i floor her ocasionly?