Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corrado Lambda Sensors - Bosch Part Numbers

Re: Corrado Lambda Sensors - Bosch Part Numbers

I just got my bosch universal regular class oxygen sensor 4-wire, 26 in. wire length, planar manufactured with a two-foot length sensor wire it uses a submersible patented connection system that protects against contamination and withstands the effects of extreme temperatures and engine vibration
    Features posi-lock connectors that can be unscrewed and reconnected in case of a wiring mistake; Wire splicing required.

is there a part number for the OBD2 sensor?
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

my car

I need a new lambda to replace the missing one on mine. VAG ar quoting £160+. So can anyone confirm if this looks the right one for a May 1994 VR6 OBD1:

http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/...87b084c&000210

The part number doesn't seem to bear any resemblance to the number earlier in this thread. It is, however, listed as for a 2.9 VR6 up to Nov 1994.
    Storm grey VR6 | BBS RX2 16" | Milltek | D&G cams and map | Black cloth Recaros | Audioscape | Huge grin

Ive recently replaced the Lambda sensor on my car 94 2l 16v 9A engine. The correct Bosch part as already given on this thread is 0 258 003 165. Its sold by www.carparts4less.co.uk as their part no 710441475 @ £54.66 with free delivery.

For those thinking about undertaking the task I should add it was impossible to remove the old sensor in situ. I tried releasing the cat at the front end for better access to no avail. I ended up removing the cat from the car and used heat to try to free the sensor. After cutting the old sensor in half a socket and long ratchet were used to finally free it. Refitting was straightforward with new bolts/nuts at the fore end and a clamp at the rear.
    Last edited by bmwcompact; 24th July 2012 at 4:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fla View Post
    is there a part number for the OBD2 sensor?
    Nobody seems to have answered this at the time.

I just removed the original lambda sensor from my 95 VR6 part number 021 906 265 E and replaced it with 021 906 265 AK . The OBD2 ECU had kept throwing up a lambda fault code before swapping and is now fault free on VagCom.

It was £138.47 from TPS after 10% discount.
    Last edited by tonedef; 9th February 2014 at 8:19 AM. Reason: Added original VR6 part number
    95 Classic Green VR6: Climatronic & OBD2, Grey Leather Recaro Interior
    CCGB No. 58

[/QUOTE]although it's usually the ECU loom side that breaks and you need to either use repair wires or get a new plug from VW - £7ish)[/QUOTE]

whilst replacing my lambda sensor one of the wires in the ecu side has broke out of its connector, does the whole connector need replacing or can i solder on a new spade connector to push in the old one? if i can get the old pin out!

anyone know? or know what the name of the replacement plug is