Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: De-locked door handle mod

Just look for the passats around H to M reg with the handles that look identical to the corrado ones (from the outside)

Just wondering - has anyone replaced theres with front passat handles to keeps the locks etc - I assume they do not suffer the corrado handle problems but do they fit??

...:::Supercharged:::...

1.8 G60 & 1.9 TDI

Please help the forum stay alive!
    Want to help monthly? Why not

im not 100% sure but im sure that the old seat cordaba has the same rear handles as the passat, if so i may have a nice supply of them being in spain and all.
    http://upload.the-corrado.net/files/44/home_sm.jpg
    |Present Motor: Audi A4 Avant 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line|
    |Previously: SEAT LEON FR TDI|German Spec 92 G60 JET LHD, |Mk2 Golf Cab|mk2 Fiesta 1.4s|

Do the mechs come separate?

Hi guys, I ordered the Mk3 Passat rear door handles from Volksapart and have had them painted but was wondering should I have ordered mechs as well. Not sure what they are supposed to look like. Anyone got pics?

Thanks,

Phil
    Phil Thompson
    Blackberry '94/L VR6
    Corrado Club of GB # 1851

You NEED the mechs as well, with the corresponding 839 part number, the look identical to the corrado ones and the striker pin is longer hence the need for the mechs

1.8 G60 & 1.9 TDI

Thanks better order them then.

Cheers. I'll post a pic when I get them on
    Phil Thompson
    Blackberry '94/L VR6

CF-oholic!
    Is there any reason (other than looks) to use the rear door handles? As Supercharged said, can you use the front Passat ones instead? From pics I've found they look the same as Corrado ones, but I don't know what they're like inside.
    Pedestrianised.
    '95 Satin Silver VR .: Koni :: H&R ::TT brakes :: Compomotive :: Magnex :: Recaro :: Audioscape :: DDI :.
    '93 Satin Silver VR .: Koni :: H&R :.
    '94 Aqua Blue VR .: RI(many)P :.

Not really, although might stop theives from messing up the door handle instead of just smashing the glass.

But saying that some muppet a year ago tried levering the glass out and made a nice bump in the frame. Of course the glass still smashed anyway. Donut.

Phil
    Phil Thompson
    Blackberry '94/L VR6

CF-oholic!
    The de-locked handle sounds good then you just have to hope the battery doesn't die on your key fob

Some muppet broke into my last car by bending the top of the door frame back and then wedging the lock open with a screwdriver. It meant a new door and a dent in the rear wing which would have cost hundreds to get fixed at the stealer. Luckily I managed a DIY job for £60 and some touch up paint but all the theives got was a £20 pair of sunglasses from the glovebox. Great. Even better because it wasn't enough to claim on my insurance and the value of the stolen goods was only £20 the police were decidedly uninterested.

Note to muppets: If you really do have to break into my car, smash the window next time. I get free replacements on my insurance and it takes a few minutes to vacuum up the mess. It's quicker too.
    Pedestrianised.
    '95 Satin Silver VR .: Koni :: H&R ::TT brakes :: Compomotive :: Magnex :: Recaro :: Audioscape :: DDI :.
    '93 Satin Silver VR .: Koni :: H&R :.
    '94 Aqua Blue VR .: RI(many)P :.

Is there any reason (other than looks) to use the rear door handles? As Supercharged said, can you use the front Passat ones instead? From pics I've found they look the same as Corrado ones, but I don't know what they're like inside.
    They are stronger as well, because the striker is in a different place (hence the need for the mechs) - they don't tend to break so easily like the Corrado ones - and there £15 each new from the dealer as oppossed to £78

The de-locked handle sounds good then you just have to hope the battery doesn't die on your key fob
    If it does the boot does not deadlock so you will be able to get in there...

1.8 G60 & 1.9 TDI

CF Nutter
    Hey Phil, Did you get those handles on? Would like to see what they look like. Plus, how much did the total conversion set you back in the end?

Thanks
    randal
    Quartz Metallic '90 1.8 16v - So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye. http://www.vwvortex.com/vwbb/sly.gif