Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: KipVR's R3.2 Storm build

Blog Entries

KipVR's R3.2 Storm build

Ok, I've been on here a while now, but never posted about my own Corrado before, just because I've never had a camera and have only just got a phone with a camera worth taking photos with!

I've had the car 8ish years now, but recently it's been at a mates workshop having a new 3.2 engine put in, as the old VR developed a rattle in the head and I wanted something a little lighter and more powerful without going down the charging route, which wasn't an option on the old engine.

It went into my friend Jon's workshop last December, and I found the new Audi TT 3.2 engine (11k) soon after, by March it was physically in there. I would love to have done all the work myself, but not having a garage or driveway makes that kinda hard!! Instead I help Jon out with info and parts (DataJon on here) who does the spanner work I trust totally to do a good job and not charge me the earth. The downside is it's usually done it the 'background' and Jon is a busy man..so it's taking ages. What bits I can take home I do, like the hubs in the photos below, basically every time I go up to the workshop, I grab a few bits, refurb them during the week and swap them for other bits the next time I go up there...

Spec is as follows. Mystic Blue Storm, Bistein Coilovers, everything under the car and in the bay has been shot blast and powder coated, new nuts and bolts bushes and bearings for all major components, 280mm rear brake upgrade, Leon Cupra R 323mm fronts with braided line replacing all hardline, refurbed VR Gearbox, and lots of little other bits. I'm after a totally OE look to the engine conversion, so no induction kits or anything. Keeping both the RX and new wheels, RX is my favourite wheel ever

The Audi ECU is being used, with the immobilizer circuit being denied so I don't have to use the donor clocks etc. The VR loom is being spliced into the Audi loom where necessary to create a totally OE like loom. I will still get a lot of the Audi ECU functions like the fuel pump priming when you open the door etc. OK so if I want more power I'll have to remap it but I still prefer this way to an Emerald or the likes, although an aftermarket ECU would have made life so much easier.

The dash is out at the moment, i needed to put a new heater matrix in....but it makes access to fusebox etc easier. I'm replacing the OE alarm while I'm under there....

Some pics...lots more still to come! Should be finished for November hopefully, it was only supposed to take a couple of weeks!
    3.2 Storm.

My 3.2 Storm build thread...[http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...terior-photos]

Re: Mystic 3.2 Storm under construction

That is just awesome. Love it! Good work mate

I think I've just cum
    Stu aka Mr Theroux
    '02 Passat TDI Sport

Very nice and I am loving the wheels! What are they? OZ? Merc?
    1995 Aqua VR6 - VSR - 263's - OZ Futura's - Recaros

Enthusiast

Thats lovely mate
    http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...0004-3-1-1.jpg
    95 VR6 Standard (ish) GIGGITY GIGGITY

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard
    Very nice and I am loving the wheels! What are they? OZ? Merc?
    Cheers for all the nice comments, they are SSW Speed wheels, lighter than my BBS too.
    3.2 Storm.

My 3.2 Storm build thread...[http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...terior-photos]

very very very very nice motor, i'm liking it loads

and i feel your frustration with the R32 its horrible having the car sitting there waiting for the last little bits to come together.

And i'm loving those wheels
    need another corrado in my life, much less hassle than a woman.

Enthusiast

anymore pics of the wheels? i think they make a refreshing change from the norm - very nice!

absolutely loving your thread mate - same wheels as mine - RX's all the way!

you are doing pretty much exactly the same thing as me too - i want everything as OE looking as possible. (i will be painting the red brembos black when i get them so they don't stand out!)

same way with the loom etc and everything as well - nice one!

what have you done about the exhaust and cats? - i'm keeping mine as OE as possible, so i've got hold of some milltek sports cats for an r32 and i'm getting a manifold made up specially, that way i can keep all 4 lambdas as well.

as for mine, i've done all bushes/running gear etc already as well - hammerited my under-car bits rather than powder coating though... long long long term i will probably end up finding a spare shell and completely strip it and get it resprayed then transfer all my bits over, so i can get the bits powder coated then!

loving your thread though buddy. i will be making a start on mine around the end of this month - hope to have it done in about 6 weeks (ish), provided i can organise all the people/parts in that time...
    no doubt it will end up taking longer, but fingers crossed - i will have the majority of it done in that time...

good luck with yours buddy - don't forget to keep us updated
    Griff
    '93 R32 converted VR6 - sadly missed