Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: KipVR's R3.2 Storm build

Blog Entries

Re: Mystic 3.2 Storm under construction

Gonna check tomorrow chap, get an answer to the VR downpipe mystery!!
    3.2 Storm.

My 3.2 Storm build thread...[http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...terior-photos]

Blog Entries

Been up to the workshop and collected my front (rears to do later later) shocks to take up to the shot blasters, once I've masked up the stansions nice and snug with rubber tape, don't ant any grit getting in there! Sorry crap pics, energy saving light bulbs :wink: I'm taking along the springs, disc guards and a few other little bits and bobs too.
    [attachment=4:4htabh3g]P220908_19.41[03].JPG[/attachment:4htabh3g]
    [attachment=3:4htabh3g]P220908_19.42[03].JPG[/attachment:4htabh3g]
    Had a go at de-blinging my Inpro rear lights, they look much nicer in the flesh than the pics show, I'll try and get some better ones taken in daylight. Still a million times better than they come from Inpro/FK, why is it just the Corrado you can't get decent lights for? I'm not definately putting them on, will have to see how they compare to my all red rears.
    [attachment=0:4htabh3g]P230908_21.57.JPG[/attachment:4htabh3g]
    [attachment=1:4htabh3g]P230908_21.58.JPG[/attachment:4htabh3g]
    [attachment=2:4htabh3g]P220908_19.42[01].JPG[/attachment:4htabh3g]

Couldn't find the downpipe Pete But Jon's going to have a look for it, it's not the most tidy of places....
    3.2 Storm.

My 3.2 Storm build thread...[http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...terior-photos]

Enthusiast

Lovin the rears. How hard were they to get apart. I keey getting green stuff growing in mine and the silver is looking crap. I have done the easy outside bits in black. But was to scared to split the lenses!
    Maintained by http://www.rk-engineering.co.uk
    Code: Select all
    [donate:2gh52fyn][/donate:2gh52fyn]

CF-oholic!

Good thread! Those rear lights look the business too - how did you make the clear sections look less bling?

I'm planning a refurb of my brembo's in the new year too but will retain the stickers - have you any tips on stripping them with out damaging the piston seals etc? My car is a daily too so I will need to have it done over a weekend... I want to do a proper job though as the laquer has started to peal on both sides now (common fault with LCR brembo's) and I really want them to last once re-done - have also been thinking about a colour change i.e. silver with black logo's.

IMHO yours would look better with white logo's - that way they won't stand out and will still look classy...

EDIT: you're welcome to give me a hand re-furbing mine and then you can take as many bracket measurements as you like!?!

hey there my friend, good to see things are coming along nicely.

liking the calipers there - looking good. i know what you mean about the lights as well; i'm not a huge fan of the orange, but i'm having reall problems finding something else that i think looks good.

by the way, if you end up not using your brembo stickers, can i shotgun them please?!

i was looking to get hold of either a stencil or some stickers for when i sort my calipers out.

hope you manage to get the shocks all sorted easily enough; the shot blasters should bring them up nicely.

shame about the manifold, i'm sure it will become clear in good time!
    i recon i'm going to go gloss black for the calipers with a white brembo logo - should look nice and not stand out too much either i'm hoping.
    Griff
    '93 R32 converted VR6 - sadly missed

Nice progress, brakes look great..

Gonna be a beauty when shes all done..

94 Satin Silver VR6, 18 Tungsten Silver Golf GTI
    Previously: 95 Aqua Blue 16v, 95 Classic Green Storm, 96 Moonlight Blue 8v
    And a number of breakers..

CCGB 2647

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by timg60
    Lovin the rears. How hard were they to get apart. I keey getting green stuff growing in mine and the silver is looking crap. I have done the easy outside bits in black. But was to scared to split the lenses!
    Glad you like them chap, I tried to split the lenses but couldn't split the glue, thought about pouring thinners inside too which would cloud the lens but thought I'd feck up the reflector too so in the end I gave in and just sanded the outside. The finer the sandpaper you use the less translucent the finish, 400 grit is a nice finish. Ideally you'd vapour/fine grit blast it to leave no sanding marks, but I couldn't be bothered, and you have to look real close to see them!

It's not ideal, but I had them lying around and thought I'd give it a go, I still prefer them to clear, even if the outside is matt finish.[attachment=0:14omdan5]P240908_18.42[01].JPG[/attachment:14omdan5]
    3.2 Storm.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pete_griff

by the way, if you end up not using your brembo stickers, can i shotgun them please?!

i was looking to get hold of either a stencil or some stickers for when i sort my calipers out.
    Ha ha, sorry I've mislead you Pete, I hadn't actually bought them yet!, loads on ebay though.
    3.2 Storm.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phil K
    Good thread! Those rear lights look the business too - how did you make the clear sections look less bling?

I'm planning a refurb of my brembo's in the new year too but will retain the stickers - have you any tips on stripping them with out damaging the piston seals etc? My car is a daily too so I will need to have it done over a weekend... I want to do a proper job though as the laquer has started to peal on both sides now (common fault with LCR brembo's) and I really want them to last once re-done - have also been thinking about a colour change i.e. silver with black logo's.

IMHO yours would look better with white logo's - that way they won't stand out and will still look classy...

EDIT: you're welcome to give me a hand re-furbing mine and then you can take as many bracket measurements as you like!?!
    I'd be glad to help any time chap! I'll have my vernier calipers to hand though! (god that could sound dodgy!)

You can easily take the pistons and seals out if you are worried about damaging them, take the caliper and nipples off, drain any brake fluid out, and then carefully blow down the bleed nipples with an airline. Before doing this though you need to put something about 20mm thick between the pistons, allowing them to move about 5mm or so, and you'll find that the seals blow out still attached to the pistons and intact. If you dont restrict the piston they pop out of the seals and leave you the seal stuck in the caliper (see my finished pic )

You can't do it properly in a weekend chap, they need to be blasted for the paint to have a good adhesion or they will just flake prettey quick. You don't have to take all the seals out to do this though, just wedge something in between the pistons to mask it off, you won't have the inside face blasted, but it doesn't matter too much. Leave the nipples in with the rubber caps on they won't get harmed and they'll stop grit going down the holes. As with the banjo bolt and a stack of washers. Take them down to your local powder coaters on a Friday lunch and they might blast them while you wait for a bit of cash..Then you can paint on Saturday, leave them in the oven overnight and put them back on Sunday.
    3.2 Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil K
    I want to do a proper job though as the laquer has started to peal on both sides now (common fault with LCR brembo's)
    Hey Phil

If the LCR Brembo's have gone a funny white colour (not brown) then you can just give them a spray with some laquer and they will go back to shiny red If they are actually peeling peeling then carry on as you are and sorry to have bothered you
    1995 Aqua VR6 - VSR - 263's - OZ Futura's - Recaros