Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: ABS light arghhhhh!!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob W View Post
    Yeah, i had that in mind, but I'm hoping to cover all the easy bases before i start to take the ABS pump of to repair/overhaul.

Just by chance, do you know of anyone who does the ABS pump overhaul?

You may remember that Wheeler Dealers did a Corrado a while back and they had the ABS pump repaired. Check out the link below and you'll find the name of the company they used about half way down the page.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...Dealers/page14

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    You have the same size tyres front and back?

Have you scanned it?

all tyres are the same all round. What do you mean 'Scanned it', are you talking about plugging the diagnostics into it? if yes, then i have plugged it in but i think i bought a crappy one from china, it won't let me erase all faults to conduct a full check. I'm getting a friend to lend me theres hopefully next week to see if i can get any other feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Dox View Post
    You have the same size tyres front and back?

Have you scanned it?

Quote Originally Posted by leon263 View Post
    You may remember that Wheeler Dealers did a Corrado a while back and they had the ABS pump repaired. Check out the link below and you'll find the name of the company they used about half way down the page.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...Dealers/page14

just been in touch with the company, 160 for them to collect, repair and deliver. seems a bargain. hopefully gonna get it plugged in to a decent OBD1 next week and check the faults over first.

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Some say they can't scan C ABS, but mine scans with VCDS.

Whereabouts are you?

I presume you have the reluctor rings fitted to the rear discs? Your car seems to be seeing a speed differential front to rear?

Happy to scan anyone if they're close to Cheshire

Quote Originally Posted by Dox View Post
    Some say they can't scan C ABS, but mine scans with VCDS.

Whereabouts are you?

I presume you have the reluctor rings fitted to the rear discs? Your car seems to be seeing a speed differential front to rear?

Happy to scan anyone if they're close to Cheshire
    im in Wiltshire. thanks anyway.

i renewed discs all round and new rings when i changed the rear hubs.

Well, i think I'm getting somewhere.

just been able to get back to working on the Rado as i've been away with work for a while. i sent the ABS Pump off to the company used on 'wheeler Dealers', unfortunately/fortunately, they informed me that the pump was all ok. Now i have it all fitted, and bleed the system and i still had feed back coming through the brake pedal whilst driving and the light came back on. it was then i realised that there is a bleed valve on the M/C. well, i didn't know that. so much air came out of it there was a sense of relief. Finally, the feed back form the pedal has now gone. the light still remains. i looked at the ECU this afternoon and noticed that the pins were badly corroded. this was due to the heater matrix fault when i acquired the Rado. all cleaned up and and all back together. from there i checked all the sensors resistance from the ECU harness back and found the F/L sensor is only reading 780 ohms, not the 1-1.3k ohms required. F/L sensor is now on route and i am hopeful that this all the issues dealt with for the ABS.

Fingers crossed, i'll have my Rado in for its MOT within the next few weeks. i hope!!!