Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Aqua blue pearl VR - p.34 bonnet cable repair

Re: Aqua blue pearl auto VR

Looking good mate!

Always wondered what cream leather would look like in an Aqua car and as I was travelling down the M40 last night I was wondering what it would be like with different dials and blue illumination. So you have put my mind to rest this morning

You considering a slight lower, or keeping the ride std? My car is so much slower around the Peak District roads since I lowered mine but it does look better What do you do! Do miss really hustling it around the B-roads a bit though

How is the auto box? Reasonably swift to switch cogs?

Matt
    1995 Aqua VR6 - VSR - 263's - OZ Futura's - Recaros

Thanks for the comments guys. Did the lighting myself a good few years back but using some of the guides on the wiki. I had a new gearshift template made up in reverse print and then just stuck that on in place of the old PRND321. Got some chrome edging used around the gearstick, to make it look a bit better. You're all right, it really does need to be lower. It was for a while on the dodgy Konis i bought (from here incidentally), so i will need to get them rebuilt and then refitted.

Zak, i've got these, the tt comps and the speedies. Just spent today cleaning and polishing the speedies ready to go on. They've got a few scratches which i need to sort out, but nothing too major. I'll be putting these up for sale shortly, once i've cleaned and polished them, plus a few areas need touching up. Then come summer the comps will be on again. Unless i get rid of them as well and get some replacements....

Leonard, the gearchange is now very smooth after i drained and changed the tranny fluid a couple of times, plus a fresh filter. Its nice and easy to drive and does put a few noses out of joint when they see an old m-plate show them up, all those silly type r's and boy racers. I dont normally go over 110 on a private track of course but it is very effortless up to there.
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

my car

De-rattled the dash on the weekend. Will post some pics shortly, but the major squeek was from the head unit cage. Put felt packing around all the loose wires and taped anything else loose to suitable mounting places. Duck tape has its uses! The only problem now is that you notice other rattles, the main one being the passenger door card where the lower clip is missing. Then of course the parcel shelf rumble. Will post up the camera phone pics shortly, if anyone wants to see the Corrado birds-nest.
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

my car

felt padding and sticking down loose cables in the dash. Takes time, but it is really worth it. I also filled the rear quarters with loft insulation, no pics unfortunately but this has made the single biggest difference to road noise. Plus its cheap and gives you a chance to tape down loose wires and replace broken clips.
    Hasan

my car

This just makes me want cream leather even more!

Very nice looking C.

Good work with the de-rattling.

1995 Aqua Blue Pearl VR6

Enthusiast

Aqua blue and beige leather is the way forward, nice one mate! However I did think I was the only one

put some foam into the headliner to stop it hitting some of the roof gubbins. Also put some neoprene behind the rear trims, to stop some rattles. Reseated teh new aerial base seal. You really need a second person to hold this down while it is tightened up as its a bummer to refit the nut. Nice tight seal now. Hopeflly less rattles from the rear. Not much time this evening so i didnt manage to take any pics. Its surprising what lurks behind the headliner...
    Hasan

my car

Re: Aqua blue pearl auto VR, mocal refitting

Just a few pics of things reently done, replaced fuel filter, mileage at 60009 (forgot the camera at 60000, doh), mocal repiping and cutting a new slot in the slam panel.

Should have taken some pics of it yesterday after a good wash polish and wax, its already got covered in crap today.

I decided not to cut the mocal pipes down just in case i needed to relocate it. I made sure there were soft bends in the pipes, to prevent any pressure buildup, bearing in mind i have the aircon evaporator in front. Also need to fabricate a nice mounting bracket for the LHS of the cooler.
    Hasan

my car

should have mentioned the pics for the mocal install for those with aircon. Just need to cut a small square in the slam panel for the pipes.
    Hasan

my car

some shots of when Leon & Zak came over, unfortunately Zak didnt bring his superb motor.
    Hasan

my car