Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879

Thread: Robrado's rado . MOT fail work needed

Rob, just seen this mate. Sorry to hear about more rust troubles! Maybe time to think about renting a local authority garage to keep it tucked away and dry in. I did it a few years back. Cost me £50 a month, but the peace of mind and probably cost saving in the long run for rust repairs must surely be worth it. I was lucky and had a pick of about a dozen within 5 minutes walk from home. I picked the best lit row, slightly elevated to avoid standing water (but not too elevated to scrape as I went in and out!), and one in the middle of others so rain water couldn't get in at the sides. Worth considering mate.
    95 Classic Green VR6 - Jetex Cat Back|BMC CDA|VT mounts|Bilstein B12s|288mm front brakes|Mk4 Rears|Braided hoses|Daves16v shortshifter|Lupo wipers|Uprated headlight loom|
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=79984
    CCGB #3982

Hi Sean , where did you spring from lol. It’s been a while . Have you been on board for a while ?. Yep certainly worth considering a garage . This should be the last of the rust now . I’m not happy about it being on the drive all year round , I will look into a garage in my area .

92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

I've been hiding! Lol. No mate, not been at sea, just long working hours (commuting actually) and concentrating on finishing the house. 100% on the car in the next few months. I've squirrelled away some dosh for replacement parts, though in the 2 years mine has been off the road, prices for parts have risen massively! Will be starting around Christmas though as I am off to sea shortly, until then.
    95 Classic Green VR6 - Jetex Cat Back|BMC CDA|VT mounts|Bilstein B12s|288mm front brakes|Mk4 Rears|Braided hoses|Daves16v shortshifter|Lupo wipers|Uprated headlight loom|
    CCGB #3982

Good to hear you will be back on the car soon Sean and it’s great the house is done or nearly done . My son is dead set on joining the forces next year . He’s just come back from Okehampton army base , he loved it.

92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

Fair play to him mate. Good opportunity for a solid career whilst seeing the world. I'd recommend it to anyone, especially the youth of today as a lot of them have no concept of life outside their little box, and the fact things don't revolve around them. Not saying your son is anything like that! But far too many snowflakes who don't understand what a big bad world it really is.
    CCGB #3982

Mate ......don’t get me started!.

Quote Originally Posted by robrado974 View Post
    Thanks Si . I’m going to change the colour coded number plate holder as well and fit the one sprinter has had made . I presume that’s the ones that are on eBay?.
    Hi Rob,

the one on Ebay now is the same one that's been on Amazon for a while, but it's slightly smaller than the OEM one, I think it's 460mm long whereas the original is something like 540mm.

Ebay item number 202715275813
    Cost is roughly £88

The SPRINTER53 one is made to original spec plus has metal tabs on the back, so less risk of them snapping off, plus overall is better quality than the original VW used to stock, his are slightly more expensive but are great quality, but do have a gloss finish which I quite like to be honest.
    If you purchase from SPRINTER53 always do so through this Forum, as you'll get a better deal on price, I did see his reproduction rear plinth on Ebay ages ago, but it was more expensive than what you'd pay dealing with him directly on here.

It depends really what you prefer as regards to original OEM look or the gloss finish or the slightly smaller plinth.

Si
    Had MK2 1.8 Scirocco Scarla 1998 to 2002
    had it lowered on original wheels,
    K&N air fitler and Janspeed exhaust system.

Now have 94 M reg Corrado 2.0 16v since 2002 still got it, been off the road now since early 2015
    hoping to get it finished this year.

Also have a 2015 Seat Ibiza TSI i-tech as my daily driver. Plus I'm on The SEAT Forum.

Link to 16v torque settings & ECU pin locations.
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...fuel-pressures

Thanks for the info Si . Yes I’m definitely after OEM really , so I will purchase it from the forum.
    Many thanks
    Rob