Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiftkids Corrado VR32

Re: Swiftkids Corrado VR6

Not much done for a while, nobody seems to be selling the wheels that i want at the moment! So rather than shell out £200+ for a new set of tyres when i was hoping to change them soon anyway, i bought some cheap mk3 golf alloys for now. Had them sat in the garage for a few days and i got bored so i sprayed them and they don't actually look that bad. Although the only problem i have now is that i needed to put one wheel on the car straight away as my tyres were that bald so didn't spray that one, so instead of having odd coloured wheels on one side, i have one side of my car with 2 silver speedlines and the other with 2 black golf alloys lol

Anyway I have a list of things to do seeing as the weather is getting better but wheels are a priority!

edit: excuse the AWFUL picture quality, i really need to get myself a proper camera!

Red 16v gone and long forgotten
    Red VR32.. Always a work in progress

CF-oholic!

black on red always works for me...looks shiny,still origianl paint?
    James

Now Audi Quattro B6 Avant with S4 B5 2.7 bi turbo swap,only one in the UK
    My old Corrado VR6 Turbo... Click me for the build DIY style!

Unfortunately that side appears to have had a respray, well i say appears... has had a respray. you can see the colour change near the rain drain things on the roof. Which is a bit gutting really because i am hating those side strips more and more but i just know the idiot that sprayed it will have left the side strips on and masked around them, its just my luck!

The other side i would say is original but it most definately needs a full respray for my standards, but i can tell its going to cost me. I'll end up saying "while your spraying that you might as well smooth that... and while your smoothing that you might as well do that"

Will try get some decent pics in the sunshine and once i've lifted the rear a bit, the coilovers settled quite alot and i didn't really have time to sort it out tonight. Hopefully have some wheels soon, if i ever make my mind up!!!

well im extremely embarassed by that garbage photo i put up yesterday so i'll probably take it down once the forum is sorted. buttons all over the place at the moment lol! but heres a better pic.

CF-oholic!
    Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Blog Entries

the black on red wheels there actually look really good.. is it the corrado your going to big bang in?
    1994 VR6, LC5U, Repainted, Schmidt Modernlines 8"& 8.5", AP Coilovers, Powdercoated subframes, Powdercoated Engine Mounts, arms,
    Rebuilt Suspension & steering all new parts. New bushes, 288mm Fronts Blackdiamond D&P, Miltek, 6 branch, sports cat, Stainless Bolt kit, BMC

It is indeed, hopefully by that time it will have all 4 matching wheels lol. the other side are still silver speedlines!

Well back from an amazing weekend at santa pod for big bang, she ran all the way there almost perfectly, got there and had a squeaking noise from tensioner pulley but i couldn't do anything about it so ran it and put in a 15.6 at 91mph which i was very chuffed with!!! was amusing how most cars had me off the line then as soon as the VR really kicked in it just disappeared.

then on the way back home was cruising along and a loud squeaking noise started, though oh crap better pull over and then went away... so continued. Got to my mates house to find bits of plastic lying where my air box was, the pulley had literally ripped itself to bits. Drove home and needed to go to work the next day, had no choice tried taking it easy but then more squeaking, white smoke, bad smell and then the battery light came on

pulled over before it got hot so thats tonights job to do in a carpark between work and my house lol! managed to source a second hand pulley and tensioner for £10 as apparently you can't get the pulley on its own and the tensioner is £60!!! i bet the pulley is only worth a fiver!

But was a brilliant weekend, will get some pics of her up in action once my mate uploads them. Was nice to see a few corrado's around and about and another one doing the strip!

Well not much to update really, just put some 288mm brakes on with green stuff pads. Waiting for them to bed in to see what they are like but they do feel a bit better at the moment.

Had MOT last month and she flew through first time. I was extremely chuffed with that! especially seeing as i was totally skint!

Went to Santa Pod and on the way back had a mini corrado convoy with Philuk, so pictures needed to be taken and im soo chuffed with how my car looks on the move, sits perfectly imo and the colour looks amazing. Just need to get a couple of bits resprayed whilst im on holiday in august and i'll be happy. Oh and some wheels, although to say im picky would be a huge understatement! Well heres a couple of pics anyway

CF-oholic!
    Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Blog Entries

love it mate looks really cool on the move like you say! what wheels you fancying??
    1994 VR6, LC5U, Repainted, Schmidt Modernlines 8"& 8.5", AP Coilovers, Powdercoated subframes, Powdercoated Engine Mounts, arms,
    Rebuilt Suspension & steering all new parts. New bushes, 288mm Fronts Blackdiamond D&P, Miltek, 6 branch, sports cat, Stainless Bolt kit, BMC

What wheels don't i fancy more like! i think of a set i like then can't find any sets for sale then change my mind. I've considered porche d90's, compomotive mo's, bbs rc's, going back to my speedlines, keeping my current wheels, schmidt modernlines, bbs lm reps, some variation of rota's, RH zw1's...the list goes on!
    I think wheels will have to wait till later on in the year or till next year, would really like to get the paint sorted first. bodywork has been bugging me for some time!