Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiftkids Corrado VR32

Well I'll try and update this thread for anyone that is interested soon because soo much has happened but havn't been bothered taking pictures but for now i'll just place this here

Red 16v gone and long forgotten
    Red VR32.. Always a work in progress

Looks good mate will look even better with a full respray
    Will have to try make the monthly meet again sometime soon but im really crap at remembering it tbh haha
    Post some pics up when its done

Well I still havn't bothered doing a write up of what I have done to this car yet but I've been working hard to get it how I want it. I now have 4 different sets of wheels to choose from, a set of speedlines, a set of black mk3 golf alloys and my 2 favourite sets which I am deciding on.

The plan is to have it ready for big bang at santa pod in April, one of my favourite shows of the year, anyone that hasn't been I would seriously advise it as its a cracking show!

Anyway I'll let the pictures do the talking

Both my cars together, the swift was getting towed to my dads to finish off my GTI conversion, my mate said he has never been so scared getting towed, I could barely tell I was towing anything and a 911 decided he wanted to overtake me...

OBD2 time... I said to myself never again but it needs to be right and I don't like the way the wires sit. Its not 100% so they will be coming back out...

Found a hole in the windscreen, just underneath the seal. Its crazy how bad it had got before it even started to show on the exterior. So now I have no rust hole! Couldn't believe how solid the car is though! only a couple of bits where the water has built up over the years.

I cannot wait to get it back and drive it but I have told myself I won't be driving it until the weather gets better, no point ruining the paint after I've spent soo much money on it.

this is looking awesome, it'll be good to see some pics of it back together, wish i could justify even a partial respray at the moment.
    1969 Mk2 Mini, 1978 VW LT Camper, 1993 VR6 Corrado just need them all insured and MOT'd now.

Looking good ! couple of questions -
    did you have a water leak thru the screen ?
    are your headlights tinted ? lamin-x ? does it diminish the light beam at all ?

No, never had a water leak through the screen. The car had been sat for a while before I got to it so the laminate had started come apart.

I used some stuff called flyeye, its really weird stuff. When you go up close its a black sheet with loads of tiny little holes in, when you stand away from it you can't notice it and it does look good. it doesn't affect the light pattern that much but when you go up close it does look a bit strange, real easy to work with and cheap but think if i did it again i'd use lamin-x.

I couldn't really justify a full respray but the way things turned out I just went for it. My car needed bodywork and rather than it being a dint and spot of rust on one panel, it had chips and dints all over so it would have turned out very blotchy, plus it was already 2/3 shades of red when I got it. My mate was supposed to be doing it but I wasn't happy with his work so I took it elsewhere and as I have learn't you buy cheap you buy twice, so no point doing half a job and I will be keeping this for a while so its worth it in the long run.

Would definitely recommend the guys doing my paint to anyone around the area! PB Customs in Driffield, they are into their VW's as well which is always a bonus!
    Last edited by swiftkid; 19th November 2011 at 2:41 PM.

That's looking good! Looking forward to seeing it when it's back together. Corrados wear red very well
    'ave it!

Corrado Club of Great Britain

Gone, but not forgotten: Mystic Blue VR6 Storm
    Now: Avus Silver Audi S3 :: 1.8 20v Turbo :: BAM :: Recaro Leathers :: Bose :: Badger 5 v2 TIP :: Forge 007p :: 18" BBS RS2

Gallery

"Look Sir, Dubs,"

i do like red corrado's especially with paint that nice.
    need another corrado in my life, much less hassle than a woman.

Looks good mate glad you told me about pb mine will be there soon i think
    Hope you get it all sorted soon mate will have to pop over wen its done

Thanks guys, the paint is a lot brighter in the flesh, my camera phone pictures don't do the paint justice at all!!! That picture is before they have polished it as well so the finish will be even better when its done.

The guys reckon it will be painted next week then I've got the fun job of putting it all back together! Told myself I am not putting any old or crappy parts back on it, we shall see how my bank balance feels about that. I'm in no rush though so hopefully it will be done right!