Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiftkids Corrado VR32

Swiftkids Corrado VR32

Right, seeing as im supposed to be doing college work i thought this would be a good time to start a members thread. I been meaning to for ages/years and i just keep forgetting.

My previous car was a red 1.8 16v in my signature that i loved/hated with a passion. It broke every other day, must have gone through 4 engines from various different non wragging related incidents (cracked head, water pump going bye bye, oil pump, snapped cam belt etc etc.) but i still loved driving it when it was working. I once changed a cam belt in a layby to get me home. anyways pictures of said car...

then bought some new wheels, after a giant scare with spacers and longer wheels bolts

So i read up about r32 conversions and thought, hmm... ill have a piece of that and bought a corrado with a blown VR6 engine and bought the audi 3.2 engine to throw in it. Then i had a rethink, its a 100% standard car, standard brakes, standard suspension, paintwork needs attention and im wanting to chuck 250bhp+ through it... not a good idea and i really do not want to throw all my money at it straight away. So that engine went to fund some coilovers

Anyway, enough of that, heres some pictures!Touch wood been an absolute pleasure to drive since i got it on the road, few little niggles but other than that im absolutely chuffed to bits with it!
    Can't find the day i picked it up but day i got it in my garage, theres hundreds of pictures so im just going to put up a shortened set.

work started

engine nice and pretty after cleaning etc

off to my dads where he has a little more room to work on my car than my garage lol

engine back together!!!

havn't got any pictures of it all back together before KW's happened

and as it is now

next on the list is a proper detail, but it has come a HUGE way from the pink i bought it as.
    few plans for it but i just want to get it running 100% and replacing every little part thats rattling etc
    enjoy!!!
    Last edited by swiftkid; 10th May 2016 at 8:52 PM.

Red 16v gone
    Red VR32.. WIP

Regular

Re: Swiftkids Corrado VR6

Good owrk
    94 Blackberry Corrado VR6

CF-oholic!
    Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Blog Entries

looking good man. cant believe your only in hull and i havent spotted it you about somewhere! lol
    1994 VR6, LC5U, Repainted, Schmidt Modernlines 8"& 8.5", AP Coilovers, Powdercoated subframes, Powdercoated Engine Mounts, arms,
    Rebuilt Suspension & steering all new parts. New bushes, 288mm Fronts Blackdiamond D&P, Miltek, 6 branch, sports cat, Stainless Bolt kit, BMC

looks and sounds good. nice rims on the bora too, thought it was a beemer at first glance!
    95 Classic Green VR6 Storm - No Mods - 129k - FVWSH
    Sadly Sold summer 2009 on ed38... No Corrado, no fun. :/

think you've seen me once phil, i was at the ketch meet ages ago in my old corrado. was going to come over and say hello but wasn't sure who you were lol

cheers for comments, just trying to decide on wheels over winter but i like how the speedlines sit a bit too much

Red 16v gone
    Red VR32.. WIP

CF-oholic!

Shiny shiny prefer the first wheels over the borbet tbh. Nice either way.

What was the scare with the spacers and wheel bolts?
    Gaz

'93 VR6 Bordeaux pearl- Recon VR engine -16/01/08; KW V1s; BMC CDA; Milltek Sports CAT; Supersprint exhaust; 16" Cades Eros; smoked rears & side reps - SOLD 14/07/2013 Gone but not forgotten.

"We can't stop here this is bat country"

when i bought the car it had standard shocks and cut down springs so i replaced them with coils which strangely enough rubbed on the tyre so i had to get spacers to run the wheels. put them all on and one day as i was driving my wheel started to vibrate more than usual, so i pulled over to find 2 wheel bolts loose, 1 missing and one actually sat on the wheel itself... i think it was partly my fault for not getting longer wheel bolts

i did love the mille's but the previous owner absolutely ruined the car and had hit a curb and buckled em so they had to go.

Red 16v gone
    Red VR32.. WIP

Enthusiast

Nice motor swifty!

The bora looks nice too mate! :wink:

CCGB No. 3019
    Standard VR6 with K&N filter, Jetex exhaust, KW V1s and yellow underwear! - 190.9 BHP @5787 RPM - 184.9 lb ft @ 4486 RPM

Nice motor mate, always look good in red and impressed with the work and commitment you're putting in.

Top work!
    Corrado VR6 'Mincy' - 24v Conversion, AP Racing 4pots, Koni Coilovers, Rota Force 17's, Vibra-Technics Competition/Road, TT Dual Borla, Fresh paint.......... sold 2011.... Bought back 2013!
    Corrado VR6, R32 conversion - sold 2013
    CCGB #2907

Regular

LOVE RED VR6 CORRADOS!! ITS A THUMBS UP FROM ME!