Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: VAG-COM scanning & help

Enthusiast

VAG-COM scanning & help

OK, are you having some ECU/ABS related problems and want to scan those DTCs? This is the place to be - where forum users can check to see if there's anyone in their local vicinity with VAG-COM, the PC based VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda diagnostics tool.

Drop your local volunteer a PM or email and we'll see what we can do! :-)

for clarification: The 95 model year cars got the "16pin OBD2" style diags connector, whereas earlier cars will have the "2x2" connectors - if you're unsure which your car has, just pull gently up on the gearshift boot plastic surround and the diags socket will be exposed underneath... see pictures below for clarification

Stormseeker - 16pin OBD2 and 2x2 connectors - can cover Lancs, Merseyside & Cheshire
    dan_r_901 - VAG-COM 16pin OBD2- Surrey
    corradovr6sc - VAG-COM 16pin OBD2 - N. Staffs, S. Cheshire, parts of Shropshire and Derbyshire
    Corvr6 - 16pin OBD2 connector - Peterborough,Cambs
    stevef - VAG-COM 16pin OBD2 Connector - Manchester
    PhatVR6 - VAG-COM 16pin OBD2 Connector - York/Leeds/Teesside
    Reggit - VAG-COM 2 x 2 Connector - Manchester/Preston
    dr_mat - VAG-COM 16pin OBD2 Connector - Reading (daytime)
    daves16v - VAG-COM OBD2 connector in Notts, Derbys, Leicestershire
    Kebabman - VAG-COM OBD2 connector in Oxford.
    buttles - VAG-COM OBD2 connector in Redhill, Surrey.
    chargedupstorm - 16pin OBD2 and 2x2 connectors North Surrey and South London
    H2VEW - 16pin OBD2 and 2x2 connectors - Wales
    willmason - 16pin ODB2 - Liverpool
    aclwalker - 16pin OBD2 - Glasgow
    Jay_vr6 - VAG-COM 16pin OBD2 - East Sussex
    schrickvr6 - 16 pin OBDII and 2X2 OBDI

Anyone else who wants to help, comment to this thread and I'll edit you in to this first post...

FOR REFERENCE:
    VAG-COM can only communicate with the VR6's Motronic ECU (not G60's Digifant or 16v/8v's) but all Corrados' ABS, Auto G.box and OE Immobiliser (if fitted).
    Below are pictures of the two types of diagnostics interface found on the Corrado...
    Last edited by Kevin Bacon; 17th October 2011 at 8:43 AM.
    VR6 sold!

Enthusiast
    i've got vag-com and am willing to help anyone in my area.
    http://www.stokevwspares.co.uk formerly moonlight blue Corrado Vr6, dusty mauve Golf Vr6. Now Bora tdi pd150

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by corradovr6sc
    i've got vag-com and am willing to help anyone in my area.
    If you can let us know what leads you've got with your VAG-COM (The 16pin OBD2 style connector and/or the older 2x2 connectors) and what area you're prepared to cover (Staffs?) I'll edit you into the top message...
    VR6 sold!

Enthusiast
    Good idea this, nice one! When did you get the "2x2" Criss? If I can find my missing vag-com plug I may give you a call if I'm going to be in the merssyside area. Where does the plug run to? (ECU?)

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by CaiosG60 PWR
    Good idea this, nice one! When did you get the "2x2" Criss?
    made my own adapter last week before I went to look at a local VR6 that was for sale for jims16v

Quote Originally Posted by CaiosG60 PWR
    If I can find my missing vag-com plug I may give you a call if I'm going to be in the merssyside area. Where does the plug run to? (ECU?)
    Don't know how it gets there but it goes to the ECU and the ABS. Unfortunately for G60 owners VAG-COM can only talk to the ABS, not the G60's ECU.

Have a look here - http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/dlc.html for possible locations of your plugs...
    VR6 sold!

Enthusiast
    I'm in Stoke so I can cover n. staffs, s. cheshire, and parts of shropshire and derbyshire.

Mine is a 16 pin connector.
    http://www.stokevwspares.co.uk formerly moonlight blue Corrado Vr6, dusty mauve Golf Vr6. Now Bora tdi pd150

Enthusiast
    my 16v has no such plug under the gear gaitor...would it be behind the the dash near the glove box area?
    1991 Aqua Pearl 1.8 16v

Possessed By The Darker Side...No Really it is.

CF-oholic!
    The 1.8 16V doesn't have em - different ECU... the 2.0L does have em (2x2 style) but like the G60 can only diagnose ABS faults...

Regular
    Just to clarify,my VR is late 94 and has the sixteen pin OBD2 style connector.
    I have just received my vag-com software and would be willing to help out on a limited basis.
    The only limitation being vehicles would have to be driven to my location,Peterborough,Cambs. :wink:

Sorry no longer available
    VR6...An engineering dream...the more you learn, the less you seem to know!

A few mods...lots of fixes.

Im getting a laptop soon so anyone wanna PM me with the info where to get the software and leads from?
    http://upload.the-corrado.net/files/44/home_sm.jpg
    |Present Motor: Audi A4 Avant 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line|
    |Previously: SEAT LEON FR TDI|German Spec 92 G60 JET LHD, |Mk2 Golf Cab|mk2 Fiesta 1.4s|