Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: oneohtwo's VR6 - New Wheels!

Regular

oneohtwo's VR6 - New Wheels!

It's taken my a while but finally posting pics of my 'Rado! Some on here might recognise it as Walesy's old one, and that would be because i bought it off him! cheers Walesy!

Absolutely loving it at the moment, the way it drives, the sound if you give it the beans, not to mention the beans themselves, the little spoiler that pops up, jut sitting in it, but most of all is the constant looking back at it when you've parked it 'cos it looks spot on and then thinking "that's mine" It instantly puts a smile on my face when i come home and see it sat on my drive, no matter what my mood.

Very much standard at the moment, other than the Lupo wipers and I intend to keep it that way really, only doing essential improvement upgrades! The only thing that does tempt me is lowering a tad, as it often looks a bit high, and I love them when they look squat and hunkered down....but I'm not sure how that would affect the ride, don't want it rock hard so it shakes the interior apart! So that's something for way down the line.

For now I am just having a good interior tidy up, getting trim out and cleaning the dirt that's built up. Next move is to give the leather a good seeingto with one of those Furniture Clinic kits. Anyway, pictures:

Last edited by oneohtwo; 1st September 2014 at 1:54 PM.
    '9 4 A q u a B l u e V R 6

Re: onohtwo's VR6!

Nice mate looks like a good one.

All very true points you make there about C ownership

Do look better lowered but not too much. Plenty of info on here about what is best KW Variant 1 suspension gets the nod from most.

Matt
    1995 Aqua VR6 - VSR - 263's - OZ Futura's - Recaros

Regular

Cheers mate!

Would have more pics up but it's refusing to accept they are less than 800 pixels wide when they are under 700, so I'm gonna leave that for a bit until it sorts itself out!

CF Nutter

Looking good m8, and know exactly what your talking about "looking back at it"........even though I haven't had the pleasure yet to actually drive mine much after I got it from Sweden - but that is luckily about to change as my rebuild is almost done - good to see mine actually starting to look like a C again
    1995 VW Corrado VR6 - Bergen - Norway

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Mawrick
    Looking good m8, and know exactly what your talking about "looking back at it"........even though I haven't had the pleasure yet to actually drive mine much after I got it from Sweden - but that is luckily about to change as my rebuild is almost done - good to see mine actually starting to look like a C again

Good to hear your rebuild is almost done! Not sure I could tackle a full rebuild, but it's nice to know there are those out there who can and do, and keep the cars going. Look forward to seeing pics of it when it's complete!

More Pictures!:

Regular

Not been doing a great deal with it recently, mostly due to funds, or lack thereof, so just trying to do a few touching up jobs. Got the handbreak and gear lever surrounds out and gave it a good clean under there, and then been sorting on of the 'bad' bits on it.

Basically on the legside door I had some laquer peeling off. It has had a respray at some point in its past, and my guess is they didn't do a great job on the prep. Anyway i thought I'd give it a go myself, try and get it half decent in the interim and figured if I cock it up it has to go the body shop anyway, so I've not really lost!Thought I'd document progress with a few pics!

Bad bits.

The tools. 400, 600, 2000 wet and dry and some ancient Woolworths rubbing compound!

Start rubbing down the old stuff with the wet and dry

Spray a thin coat of laquer to try and give the paint a bit more protection from the sanding

More rubbing. Then after some more new laquer and rubbing:

Done! Skipped a few steps there, obviously. Gave it a good buff up with the buffer and the finish has come up better than the rest of the car! It's by no means perfect, am unsure whether to spend more time on it getting it absolutely flat, if you get close you can see slight ripples were the patches were, or to just leave it in case it turns into a forever job

well done that man! Where did you get that polishing mop from - i need a few of them for my wheels :wink:
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

my car

Regular

Cheers fella! I nabbed it from my Dad's garage, along with the drill and rubbing compound! It's pretty ancient...the draw strings is unravelling. Not so much help for you though, sorry!

CF-oholic!

Looks good mate!

Id be scared to rub sandpaper on my paint work of fear of making it worse But you did a good job
    Gaz

'93 VR6 Bordeaux pearl- Recon VR engine -16/01/08; KW V1s; BMC CDA; Milltek Sports CAT; Supersprint exhaust; 16" Cades Eros; smoked rears & side reps - SOLD 14/07/2013 Gone but not forgotten.

"We can't stop here this is bat country"

Regular

Thanks mate!

I managed to convince myself I couldn't make it any worse! Although shortly after the first picture I was wondering what the hell I had done...no choice then but to plough on! Really pleased with the the finish (have surprised myself!) and has started giving me naughty thoughts of going over the whole car with the buffer...