Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: oneohtwo's VR6 - New Wheels!

Bilt Hamber do make some fantastic products, there car cleaning gear is great.

How do you manage to post pics?

Regular
    I'm posting them from my onedrive account. I have a Windows phone which automatically uploads all my photos to onedrive, and then that gives me the option to generate html code to embed into the post with the img tags. Works quite well.

Regular
    Engine is ready at so need to go and pick it up! Exciting times. In the meantime I've been making some progress on tidying bits and pieces up. Finished the battery tray recently:

To:

Got rid of all the dirt, bits of old wax and dealt with all the rust. Not a perfect job, not going to bother flattening it or anything as it's just the battery tray, but a lot nicer than it was and something that has always bugged me so pretty happy.
    Last edited by oneohtwo; 1 Week Ago at 5:08 PM.
    '9 4 A q u a B l u e V R 6

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Your battery tray looks gorgeous. Mine did, then I covered it in waxoyl...for protection. Just a thought
    Cress
    95 VR6
    One day she will drive out of my Garage

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cressa View Post
    Your battery tray looks gorgeous. Mine did, then I covered it in waxoyl...for protection. Just a thought
    Thanks! I am undecided on this to be honest... seems a shame to cover it up, but as you say added protection. On the other hand I am expecting to use it a lot less than over it's previous life so it might be ok and it's got a good few protective layers on: covering of Bilt Hamber Hydrate 80 initially just to neutralise any remaining rust but it seems to create a pretty tough barrier (as I found trying to sand down a couple of runs!). Then overcoated with a few layers of Hammerite stone chip which I have found pretty good in the past. Easier to keep clean as well!
    '9 4 A q u a B l u e V R 6

Battery tray looks great! Were the corrado's originally waxoiled? My engine and battery tray is covered in wax.
    1995 White VR6 CCGB Member 4303
    263 Cams & head refurb | 220 BHP Stealth remap| Miltek non res | Bilstein B12 | R32 Wishbone bushes | VT Mount

Quote Originally Posted by pfnsht View Post
    Battery tray looks great! Were the corrado's originally waxoiled? My engine and battery tray is covered in wax.
    Yes mate in several places around the car there are slabs of wax including the battery tray, once it starts to break up I think it's best to remove it because the water gets trapped underneath the wax so causes more harm than good IMO.