Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diavia Air Con Owners, please look!

Diavia Air Con Owners, please look!

Hi Guys.

Just finished my Diavia Air Con retrofit but i need some help.
    The receiver dryer which is located in front of the condensor has two connectors that plug into the loom, there is no info out there that tells you which way round the connectors go, ive searched the wiring diagrams and nadda.
    Can one of you guys have a look at your loom and tell me which connector goes to which plug or if anyone has a pic or info please let me have it!.

Cheers Pete.
    93 Flash red VR6, Resurected from death, black BBS RC,312mm conversion,Vibratec,Air Con retrofit,Integra DC2 Black Recaro SR's,black headlining, Mk3 Golf Sunroof,H4 Bi-Zenon's,Mocal 19 row oil cooler.

Re: Diavia Air Con Owners, please look!

If no one chips in, let me have a picture of the connectors and where they are (I'm a bit naive with air con) and I'll have a look at mine as a reference.
    James likes Corrados. Although he wishes the feeling was reciprocated occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by James.
    If no one chips in, let me have a picture of the connectors and where they are (I'm a bit naive with air con) and I'll have a look at mine as a reference.
    Cheers james,

Appreciated.

Pete
    93 Flash red VR6, Resurected from death, black BBS RC,312mm conversion,Vibratec,Air Con retrofit,Integra DC2 Black Recaro SR's,black headlining, Mk3 Golf Sunroof,H4 Bi-Zenon's,Mocal 19 row oil cooler.

will have a look for you tomorrow.
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

my car

Cheers buddy!

Hi,am working in that area at the moment , will try to post picture,if no one beats me to it. have you changed the drier? as mine is looking rather old and rusty!
    1994 Ice Grey Violet VR6.
    1995 Blackberry 16V
    2007 Black Audi S3 2.0T TFSI
    2010 White 2K Caddy Van 1.9TDI
    CCGB member 1138

hi i got your message but not sure where to check.

i know i have two wires with connectors in that sit near the battery, i think they are to do with air con.

i unplugged them recently and forgot to note which went where
    Just like a golf................But better!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Purplebaghera
    Hi,am working in that area at the moment , will try to post picture,if no one beats me to it. have you changed the drier? as mine is looking rather old and rusty!

Hi that would be great,
    I have not changed the dryer, retrofitted the same set up to my last Corrado Vr6 and never had to change the dryer either, worked faultlessly

Hi. Sorry failed miserably at uploading picture as never tried before But, here are the colours to each plug: Male plug from loom: black with dark green stripe and light green with yellow stripe goes to female plug to pressure switch on drier with the green and blue wires. Second male plug from loom: black with red stripe and brown with orange stripe goes to second female plug to pressure switch on drier with the black and the white wires. hope this makes sense and helps? if not I can try to send you a personal message with an attachment!(reckon I could manage that ) good luck with that!.I might be asking you what some of the wires do on the relay end ,as I have one that is not connected to anything? do have printout of wiring diagram. Cheers Vince.
    1994 Ice Grey Violet VR6.
    1995 Blackberry 16V
    2007 Black Audi S3 2.0T TFSI
    2010 White 2K Caddy Van 1.9TDI
    CCGB member 1138

Quote Originally Posted by Purplebaghera
    Hi. Sorry failed miserably at uploading picture as never tried before But, here are the colours to each plug: Male plug from loom: black with dark green stripe and light green with yellow stripe goes to female plug to pressure switch on drier with the green and blue wires. Second male plug from loom: black with red stripe and brown with orange stripe goes to second female plug to pressure switch on drier with the black and the white wires. hope this makes sense and helps? if not I can try to send you a personal message with an attachment!(reckon I could manage that ) good luck with that!.I might be asking you what some of the wires do on the relay end ,as I have one that is not connected to anything? do have printout of wiring diagram. Cheers Vince.
    Cheers for that Vince,
    Got it gassed up by my mate for 20 quid,
    All going swimingly, A/C compressor kicked in on the way home and promptly emptied its contents inside the car whilst i was doing 60mph , guess who fogot to nip the union up into the evaporator whilst rushing this afternoon!, oh well it held vacuum and pressure and even some R134a was recovered so to me that means it was working fairly recently before it was removed from the donor car
    I will have fully working a/c tomorrow