Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DUBpower 24V 6-branch conversion Manifolds

Enthusiast

DUBpower 24V 6-branch conversion Manifolds

How many of you who have 24V engines fitted have also got one of DUBpower's 24V 6-branch comversion manifolds fitted ?

I'm considering getting one, but seem to remember that some ppl had experienced problems with fitment, knocking etc ( tho I cant find the threads now ).

My 24V C is my daily/only car, so I really can't afford to have problems - I want it, as much as possible, to be 'fit and leave'.

Any opinions/experience welcomed
    Orig a '94 VR. Mods: 24V Engine (PSI Tuning). Lupo Wipers. Supersprint Ex. Powerflex r bushes. Coilovers. De-badged Grill. 288mm Fr brakes. Moonroof. 16V bonnet. Total de-rust and respray. To be done: Upgraded Loom. Addtnl rear ARB. Fr & rear bracing struts. Bilstein suspension. 17" wheels. Recaro seats. ( My other car is a Mk5 Golf GTi Ed 30 )

Re: DUBpower 24V 6-branch conversion Manifolds

PM Heresites. He will give you an honest appraisal of his
    Did have: 94 Corrado R32
    Now have: 2004 Golf R32

Whats wrong with the one thats on it? I wouldnt change it unless you have to as I dont think there have been too many people happy with the fit on the Corrado.

Blog Entries

I have one fitted to my converted rado. nice bit of kit but still having to over come some fouling issues. Latest after talking to the guy seems to be that I need to lower the back of the engine by 20mm. so its not really an off the shelf part for a corrado r32 conversion.

customer service is top notch though.

Yep, doesn't fit correctly, Pete designed them for a MK2 (which have no fitment issues at all from what Vince was telling me!) and just assumed it would be the same for the Corrado when clearly it's not! As said they are made very well, a lovely looking manifold and Pete is a nice guy.

Mine was fouling the exhaust tunnel underneath so I had to angle grind a chunk off, heat up the manifold to try and bend it (which it wouldn't), changed engine mounts etc but my exhaust still sits sh*t and knocks/rattles when hot. Makes driving the car daily really annoying for me

And there's no chance I'd get the cat back on for the next MOT as it would be pushed against the side of the tunnel.
    Blackberry R32 278bhp - Gone but not forgotten

I wonder if it's worth taking yours off Rob and bending it round more with a welding torch?
    Did have: 94 Corrado R32
    Now have: 2004 Golf R32

Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies - saw the kit at GTi Inter this last weekend, sure looks nice.

But I just can't afford to have any after-fit issues

My current manifold/downpipes seem to be blowing a little, but I guess a more simple fix is to just get that done and maybe not bother with the aesthetically more pleasing 6-branch.

Thanks again for the replies
    Orig a '94 VR. Mods: 24V Engine (PSI Tuning). Lupo Wipers. Supersprint Ex. Powerflex r bushes. Coilovers. De-badged Grill. 288mm Fr brakes. Moonroof. 16V bonnet. Total de-rust and respray. To be done: Upgraded Loom. Addtnl rear ARB. Fr & rear bracing struts. Bilstein suspension. 17" wheels. Recaro seats. ( My other car is a Mk5 Golf GTi Ed 30 )

Blog Entries

fixed the problem today, just modified the rear engine mount, trimmed it down by 15mm and now seems OK. Maybe dubpower will adapt the manifold now they know its a fitment problem specific to corrado's. Ill have a word with Pete and see what he has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by kevhaywire
    I wonder if it's worth taking yours off Rob and bending it round more with a welding torch?
    Pete tried that with it on the car after I first fitted it and it wouldn't budge. I think the best option is to take it off and get it bent properly. I'd rather not go chopping my engine mounts if I can help it, the downpipes should fit right in the first place tbh!

I'll put up with it for now (along with everything else!!) whilst I save up a bit and then I think I'm gunna do a bunch of jobs at once.
    Blackberry R32 278bhp - Gone but not forgotten

See i think thats what PSI do with the engine mounts but they still use the "hybrid" Mk4 / Corrado downpipe.

This was one of the reasons I did not install the Gemini box as it led to the engine tilting to the drivers side and ultimately there was potential of not fully lubricating the two shaft bearings on the new box.