Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The "What broke on your Corrado today" thread

Re: The "What broke on your Corrado today" thread

Bought some replacement door pins the other day as the passenger doors nylon ring has dissintegrated and it takes a couple of gos to shut the door. Thought this would be a nice cheap and easy fix.

Drivers side (which was fine anway) took 1 min to swap. Closes with a nice thump now

Passenger side would not move at all! I ended up rounding it off. Then spent an hour trying to saw through the pin so I could get a socket on it, or at worst my Irwins.

After an hour of sawing very gingerly I got fed up - and realised that If I sawed through the pin but still couldn't get it out, I'd be left with a door that wouldn't shut.... So left it.

ARGHHHHH, never a dull moment.
    Poll

C63 AMG Coupé +
    Corrado VR6 Turbo

GONE: Porsche Cayman S / E46 M3

Aqua-Blue Pearl | Stealth Turbo | Custom Exhaust | 17" BBS RCs| Wavetrac LSD |Racelogic TC | 262s | ARPs | Cream Leather | Weitec Hicon GTs + Rear Arb | 312 Brembos + Mk4 rears | Aero Wipers | DDI | Momo | Mocal | S3 Shifter |Fixed Column...

I have the problem of trying to do something relatively simple and then leaving my car in a worse state.
    On my first punto I tried to put new hub caps on and rounded the threads holding the wheels on.

Quote Originally Posted by poll250
    Bought some replacement door pins the other day as the passenger doors nylon ring has dissintegrated and it takes a couple of gos to shut the door. Thought this would be a nice cheap and easy fix.

Drivers side (which was fine anway) took 1 min to swap. Closes with a nice thump now

Passenger side would not move at all! I ended up rounding it off. Then spent an hour trying to saw through the pin so I could get a socket on it, or at worst my Irwins.

After an hour of sawing very gingerly I got fed up - and realised that If I sawed through the pin but still couldn't get it out, I'd be left with a door that wouldn't shut.... So left it.

ARGHHHHH, never a dull moment.
    the same happened to me! I still have the old pin on my d/s door, tried to saw it to no success, ended up rounding it with a spanner, so I used thermal duct tape (is it called like this? well you get the idea).
    I love the way my Corrado hates me.
    P.D.http://the-corrado.net/.archive/foru...lies/norty.gif

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis360
    Quote Originally Posted by KIPVW
    Bonnet release cable (or should that be the poxy clip at the end of it )
    How about a stainless steel one :wink:
    Yes indeed had a chat with dave at coventry about that.
    But mine has broke at the lever end, like a flat speed nut type thing that hooks onto the lever assembly.
    Now that'd be good to have too! Hint hint lol!
    CCGB #260

95 Black Magic VR6 The Obsession and my life saver.

89 Nugget Yellow 1.8 16v The long term project SOLD https://www.facebook.com/paul.kippax...=1&pnref=story

94 Sherry Pearl 8v Daily

And Bicycle Repair Man at http://www.langsettcycles.co.uk/

- power windows (but the car self-fixed it )
    - seat lever
    I love the way my Corrado hates me.
    P.D.http://the-corrado.net/.archive/foru...lies/norty.gif

somebody destroyed spider web hanging from rear spoiler to exhaust pipe

little spider need few days to build it up
    Green Storm - New project

Well........ Seems like I've buggered either my rad or a pipe to the rad lol.
    Pulled upto fill the g60 with vpower and as I started filling up I noticed a lot.... And I mean a lot of steam, after the way my valver went I actually started reaching under the drivers seat for the extinguisher.... Just incase.
    Can see no fluid dripping or anything but I think tomorrow I'm gonna chuck some radweld through. Hope it will last til I can sell my old exhaust and splash on a new Rad instead of my front mounted cooler

Regular
    The highways speed limits. lol

CF-oholic!
    Dont put radweld in, it generally doesnt work and also can cause harm to the coolant system. If its one of the pipes then go to halfords and get some self amalgamating (spell) tape.
    Gaz

'93 VR6 Bordeaux pearl- Recon VR engine -16/01/08; KW V1s; BMC CDA; Milltek Sports CAT; Supersprint exhaust; 16" Cades Eros; smoked rears & side reps - SOLD 14/07/2013 Gone but not forgotten.

"We can't stop here this is bat country"

cheers for the heads up, got cash standing by due to ebaying off a lot of the valver and what i got scrap wise RIP valver :'( (that and the g60 costing less than a grand......score) so plan is find the leak and replace f**ked part oil coooler and go from there

Quote Originally Posted by Critical_Mass View Post
    Dont put radweld in, it generally doesnt work and also can cause harm to the coolant system. If its one of the pipes then go to halfords and get some self amalgamating (spell) tape.