Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The definitive 'Late Corrado Heater Controls' thread

The definitive 'Late Corrado Heater Controls' thread

As this topic is being covered over various areas of the forum, I thought I'd start off a thread where all information can be collated in relation to the problems and solutions with regards to the heater controls on the late Corrado (rotary controls).

So if anyone has any tips / tricks for repairing / replacing the troublesome unit, please add your comments!

Here's a few threads i've collated together from recent conversation.

Heater Controls Only working on 4 - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=87464

General discussion - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=99428

Chineese Chineese MK2 Jetta Dash - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=100474
    Last edited by davidwort; 2nd May 2011 at 5:43 PM.
    1994 Black Corrado VR6
    The VR6 Owners Club

Build in progress...
    OBD2 | KW1 Coilovers | Speedlines | BMC CDA | Samcos | Goodridge Brake Hoses | 288mm Brakes | Ceramic coated Raceland exhaust manifold | SP263 Cams | 3.68 Final Drive conversion

Re: The definitive 'Late Corrado Heater Controls' thread

95 Classic Green Storm
    95 Flash Red VR6

For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
    For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible

Blog Entries
    Golf MkIII controls are fairly common at autojumbles (VW jumbles anyway!) and scrappies for around £5, and all of the parts are interchangeable with Corrado controls.

Regular
    anyone know which black cable goes where? took mine out and not sure if they were correctly fitted? And how do get the flap control lower lever up? It seems to be not moving while I rotate the knob .
    It's amazing how many problems look like a Nail , when the only tool you have is Hammer....

This is exactly what I was looking but sadly only the link easypops posted works...can anyone provide working ones for VR6Pete's 3 above?

Ta.
    Last edited by themainliner; 5th December 2012 at 3:40 PM.
    1995 VR6 Midnight Blue Storn

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆ Anton Sobriquet's Avatar
    Which parts of the Mk3 controls do you need? Just the control panel? Do the Bowden cables just match straight up?
    Last edited by Anton Sobriquet; 9th December 2012 at 12:41 AM.
    '94 L VR6 Moonlight Blue Pearl LC5M/ Black Leather
    OBD2; SP 263s; Schrick; BMC CDA; Mocal; R32 sump & pump; Billet pulleys; VTs; Magnex
    Gemini full 6; 02J tower; 02M shift; Quaife; Fidenza; Helix
    KW V3s; Mk4 312/ 280; DS2500s
    Powerflex

Anton if you're answering Tristan H I should check the date of his post.
    1995 VR6 Midnight Blue Storn

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆ Anton Sobriquet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by themainliner View Post
    Anton if you're answering Tristan H I should check the date of his post.
    No, nothing to do with Tristan H.

It was nrc's earlier post that Mk3 controls are interchangeable with Corrado ones. My control panel vent control has broken (I think) and I'm looking for a quick fix. Just wanted to know if the control panel from a Mk 3 is a straight swap, like the Passat one.
    '94 L VR6 Moonlight Blue Pearl LC5M/ Black Leather
    OBD2; SP 263s; Schrick; BMC CDA; Mocal; R32 sump & pump; Billet pulleys; VTs; Magnex
    Gemini full 6; 02J tower; 02M shift; Quaife; Fidenza; Helix
    KW V3s; Mk4 312/ 280; DS2500s
    Powerflex

Just repaired mine with a bit of ingenious plastic welding (direction dial) where the pivot housing for the "underneath" arm had broken, and the cam snail had broken on the underside of the gear. ...

Anyway, I had some spares off a 6n polo ('94 - '99) which are tantalisingly close looking, but 1 of the cams is "backwards", so are NOT interchangeable!

Just thought I'd flag this up, as scrapyards are full of them at the moment!

---------- Post added at 9:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:01 AM ----------

Just repaired mine with a bit of ingenious plastic welding (direction dial) where the pivot housing for the "underneath" arm had broken, and the cam snail had broken on the underside of the gear. ...

Anyway, I had some spares off a 6n polo ('94 - '99) which are tantalisingly close looking, but 1 of the cams is "backwards", so are NOT interchangeable!

Just thought I'd flag this up, as scrapyards are full of them at the moment!

So it's either a Passat heater control, or find a ton for a replacement Corrado panel then?

eBay has a few 'Rado ones for strong money, don't see ANY Passat ones on there tho...sadly this is a job I'm going to have to tackle sooner or later...