Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Thread: Help get obsolete parts re-introduced via VW Classic Parts!

  1. #61
    ⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆ lilfuzzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    25th August 2004
    Location
    County Durham
    Posts
    5,872
    Quote Originally Posted by dozobod View Post
    You do, brilliant. Let me know how best to proceed.
    Drop me a pm

    Chris
    93 Bordeaux Pearl VR6 'Verity'
    94 Blackberry VR6 - not anymore
    92 Dragon Green VR6 daily
    93 Aqua Blue VR6
    89 Black 16v breaking

    previous rados
    91 Bordeaux pearl 1.8 16v
    94 Sherry Pearl VR6
    93 Bordeaux pearl VR6
    93 Aqua Blue VR6
    94 Moonlight Blue VR6
    95 Silver 16v 2.0
    95 White 8v
    93 Flash Red
    94 Classic Green VR6
    unknown blackberry VR6
    94 green 8v
    90 green 16v
    94 Black 2.0 16v
    91 Blue 16v
    91 Black G60
    94 Grey 16v
    92 green 16v
    94 Ice Violet VR6

  2. #62
    Enthusiast Dazz_G60_Wales's Avatar
    Join Date
    27th May 2004
    Location
    Newport,South Wales
    Posts
    483
    Can I add another to the list.
    Sebring alloy wheel caps.
    Don't need to have Volkswagon printed on them just plain caps that finish the wheels.
    People after crazy money for them.
    Dazz
    Nugget G60 .
    Slowly getting the bananarado back to standard guise.

  3. #63
    CF-oholic! Jon_vr6's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th September 2006
    Location
    Cheadle Hulme, Stockport
    Posts
    4,484
    Drivers and passenger side seat tilt levers.

    Mystic Blue Storm VR6
    Stealth Rebuilt Engine, 263's, 288mm, BMC-CDA, KW V1's, E57 ORM, Wavetrac LSD, VT Engine Mounts, Jetex
    CCGB - 2772

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by dozobod View Post
    Hello, following this thread to bring back parts. I saw reference to 535837476 01C which I think is the off side (driver side) window slot (inside). Mine is split and not holding the door card so well anymore (if I have the right part). Any advice will be appreciated? Anywhere I can go or process I need to go through to bring back the part in question. May be a bit of a long shot. Thanks in advance.
    Morning, they did go NLA but i just checked classic parts in Germany and they are showing in stock again, So have re instated the part and we will put some on order today

  5. #65
    CF-oholic! delfinis38's Avatar
    Join Date
    24th February 2006
    Location
    Muckle Flugga & Fastnet Rock
    Posts
    3,194
    Quote Originally Posted by annavr6 View Post
    Morning, they did go NLA but i just checked classic parts in Germany and they are showing in stock again, So have re instated the part and we will put some on order today
    what sort of price anne ?
    Corrado VR6 - Aqua Blue LC5U - 96 'N' Plate
    Black Leather - Heated Seats - Air Con
    Totally Standard and intend to keep it that way !


    Hibernation for Winter ! SORN

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinis38 View Post
    what sort of price anne ?
    £33.29 plus the VAT on them

  7. #67
    CF Nutter fendervg's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th June 2009
    Location
    Dublin, IE
    Posts
    1,468
    Hi Anna - any chance VW Classic would ever do a run of late fog light and indicators? I know it's probably a tricky part to mold etc, but would be worthwhile as I'd say nearly all are cracked and there would be great interest. Preferably with hardened glass. Any of the options I've seen that involve swapping over lenses from other units tend not to give great results.

    Cheers.
    ____________
    fendervg

    93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by fendervg View Post
    Hi Anna - any chance VW Classic would ever do a run of late fog light and indicators? I know it's probably a tricky part to mold etc, but would be worthwhile as I'd say nearly all are cracked and there would be great interest. Preferably with hardened glass. Any of the options I've seen that involve swapping over lenses from other units tend not to give great results.

    Cheers.
    Hi

    We can always ask the question to classic parts. I am not sure we would, the issue for us and Corrado parts currently is the fact we have to manufacture such a large Minimum order quantity when manufacturing to make the tooling costs worth it. With Corrado obviously the market is alot smaller than mk2 Golf for doing this. If we do a smaller batch it puts the end cost up to cover our costs and then people moan we are really expensive. Its hard to find a balance for it.

  9. #69
    CF Nutter fendervg's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th June 2009
    Location
    Dublin, IE
    Posts
    1,468

    Help get obsolete parts re-introduced via VW Classic Parts!

    Thanks Anna. It's worth asking them anyway I'd say just to see. I understand the problems with the small volume vs high cost for these parts, but I'd say the fog lights might be worth it as they are standard to all late Corrados both LHD and RHD, and nearly all cracked at this stage. I also think that at this point in the car's life the remaining owners of good condition cars would be prepared to pay a bit more for re-manufactured OEM quality parts than before. I'd certainly be willing to pay in the region of €200 a side, if the glass was hardened.

    Quote Originally Posted by annavr6 View Post
    Hi

    We can always ask the question to classic parts. I am not sure we would, the issue for us and Corrado parts currently is the fact we have to manufacture such a large Minimum order quantity when manufacturing to make the tooling costs worth it. With Corrado obviously the market is alot smaller than mk2 Golf for doing this. If we do a smaller batch it puts the end cost up to cover our costs and then people moan we are really expensive. Its hard to find a balance for it.
    Last edited by fendervg; 1 Week Ago at 9:11 PM.
    ____________
    fendervg

    93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

  10. #70
    ⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆ ben_wooduk's Avatar
    Join Date
    23rd November 2005
    Location
    Hednesford, Staffs
    Posts
    559
    +1. Would rather the parts be expensive than not at all. I'd pay through the nose for a passenger door slot seal!!

    Quote Originally Posted by fendervg View Post
    Thanks Anna. It's worth asking them anyway I'd say just to see. I understand the problems with the small volume vs high cost for these parts, but I'd say the fog lights might be worth it as they are standard to all late Corrados both LHD and RHD, and nearly all cracked at this stage. I also think that at this point in the car's life the remaining owners of good condition cars would be prepared to pay a bit more for re-manufactured OEM quality parts than before. I'd certainly be willing to pay in the region of €200 a aide, if the glass was hardened.
    Ben Wood
    CCGB #3443
    1993 Black VW Corrado 2.9 VR6

    Previous:
    1994 Aqua Blue VW Corrado 2.0i 16v
    1995 Sherry Pearl VW Corrado 2.0 8v

Similar Threads

  1. Classic car insurance
    By lauraJ in forum Insurance
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 28th June 2012, 8:43 PM
  2. My Classic green 95 VR6....
    By tandino in forum Members Gallery
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 8th March 2008, 5:43 PM
  3. Zenith Classic
    By Storm_Man in forum Insurance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 7th October 2006, 10:41 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
We are the world's largest community for VW's Super Coupé! Be it 8v, 16v, G60 or VR6 (or maybe something else!), everybody's welcome! If this is your first visit, be sure to click register and fill out your details before you can post.
Help us
This site is run on donations.
Please help keep the forum alive!
Follow us
advertising & sponsorship
Are you a company looking for advertising that could benefits our users? For site & forum sponsorship, please see our dedicated microsite here.