Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Will these wheels and tyres fit" thread

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆

The "Will these wheels and tyres fit" thread

[Mod edit - this will now be the coverall thread for people asking about wheel fitment/sizing. A few online resources are listed below and the thread will be added to and kept relevant as people post various questions & info.]

For those of you who are wanting to know what size tyres you should be running to keep rolling radius the same, and what effect changing the width or offset of your wheels will have, here are some useful sites:

Tyre/wheel size calculator

Another tyre size calculator

Wheel offset calculator

Standard wheel/tyre/offsets:

4-stud Corrados - 6.5x15", ET35, 195/50-15 or 185/55-15
    5-stud Corrados - 6.5x15", ET43, 205/50-15

Wheel Fitment, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error Calculator (thanks to stereoflaver)

Insert your existing wheel and tyre specs, and the desired size, and the outcome is shown on the diagram. Bear in mind most tyre manufacturers vary slighty from the specs, and that it could be dangerous to run tyres on wheels they aren't designed to fit. The strut shown in the diagram is for show only - Don't worry if the wheel looks like it fouls!
    Last edited by dukest; 18th March 2011 at 5:27 PM.
    ::'96 A4 TDi Avant::'09 Giant Trance X4::'92 Marin Eldridge Grade::'97 16.1hh Thoroughbred::

The "Will these wheels and tyres fit?" thread

Hi all, looking at getting some new wheels to replace diddy speed lines does any one know or have fitted this wheel size 5x100 et32 8j with 205/40 r17 tyres will they fit and how low can you drop before arches need rolling etc, some pics with corrados with 17s would be good to get a feel for how it would look.
    Thanks for looking.

Blog Entries

Re: Wheel sizes and ride height question

look at big ben's car with the compomotive's on it - they are ET30 at 8J. I believe there is some rubbing with that set up but basically, with even a small to average drop, if you go any way above a combination of ET35, 7.5J and 205 width tyres then you should be prepared for some possible rubbing in corners/compression/when carrying passengers. thats not guaranteed, but the risks start there.
    Last edited by dukest; 9th March 2011 at 1:39 PM.
    M8 VWR - 95M Aqua Blue VR6, Schrick VGI & 263s = 214bhp & 208lb/ft, 288/280mm brakes, Koni/H&R, Eibach ARBs.

Re: The "Will these wheels and tyres fit?" thread

What wheels are they? On standard arches I have run in the past 8x17in ET35. As soon as I went to ET30 the front rubbed. Rears were fine. That was on ~50mm lowering.

They are calibre vintage or may get lenso bsx, I quite like the BBS look but have quite a tight budget.
    Why did I buy a house ?!

they should be fine in every respect with a modest 40mm drop

Wheel Fitment, Tyre Stretch, Rolling Radius and Speedometer Error Calculator

Wheel Fitment, Tyre Stretch, Rolling Radius and Speedometer Error Calculator

Insert your existing wheel and tyre specs, and the desired size, and the outcome is shown on the diagram. Bear in mind most tyre manufacturers vary slighty from the specs, and that it could be dangerous to run tyres on wheels they aren't designed to fit. The strut shown in the diagram is for show only - Don't worry if the wheel looks like it fouls!

http://www.willtheyfit.com/
    Stereoflaver

will 7.5j et35 16 wheels fit a 16v? i know they will fit under the arches, just not sure about it catchin the springs!
    1989 Corrado 20vt slowly turning into track car whilst in winter hibination!
    1996 Gti 8v i'm goin green.
    1990 Mini, resembles something found on the sea bed

will 17x8.5 brock b1 rims with et 13 fit my corrado vr6 lovered by 40mm thanks

hi ppl, looking into getting banded steels for my vr6, not sure on the dimensions i wanna go for yet, i still need to get the steelies, but what would be the ultimate best look dimensions with no modifications {other then the banding} and no rubbing, i.e wheel size, offset and width, thanks..