Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: The "Will these wheels and tyres fit" thread

I'd say get some more reasonably proportioned 16s - stock wheels are ET43 offset. Do you have a big brake conversion or are they standard 280/288s?

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Piffle. I’ve run Et30 8x17 et30. Thanks Need hight as catches wing lips now and again.
    Min offset on 8” is et35 better with 7.5” with 37-38 offset no rub on lips so can go lower. People who haven’t tried different stuff and offsets shouldn’t have an opinion as they have no experience to base an opinion on. No offence Fend, not directed at you but I’ve come across a few threads that send you in the wrong direction, which is what me make the wrong choice regarding et it in the first wheel choice I made.
    Last edited by 1xshaunx1; 18th June 2019 at 7:34 PM.
    4th one surely the last

Hey guys i know this thread is old but, brought my rado in 2015 immediately brought wheels since rs 301 were not available purchased felgenwerks classico 16x8 et +20 front 16×9 et +15 rears fit fine does rub waiting on fender roller and my have to raise coilovers, front however will not clear brake caliper carrier bracket. Will have to raise suspension 1 to 2 inches rool lips brought 5mm spacers still wont clear , test fit with both 10mm will clear and have about 2 to 3mm too spare. My delema is change breaks what is recommended so wheels will clear, 8mm spacers or change wheels altogether. Like the look but not wedded to them running 205 45 16 federal ss595. Also do you guys modd or remove fender liners

Dissappeared

Not sure what happened to my post glad i had copied it to the clip board for repost

Quote Originally Posted by 1xshaunx1 View Post
    Piffle. I’ve run Et30 8x17 et30. Thanks Need hight as catches wing lips now and again.
    Min offset on 8” is et35 better with 7.5” with 37-38 offset no rub on lips so can go lower. People who haven’t tried different stuff and offsets shouldn’t have an opinion as they have no experience to base an opinion on. No offence Fend, not directed at you but I’ve come across a few threads that send you in the wrong direction, which is what me make the wrong choice regarding et it in the first wheel choice I made.
    Yeah, I'm absolutely not an expert on this - I've only ever run standard wheels and prefer the looks and handling they give, but each to their own, so I'm sure with the correct mix of spacers and mods you can get it to work. I'll get me coat so

Not sure what is going on with the thread though, as the original post I replied to went AWOL,

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Thanks for advice, and for the breaks they are stock but one caliper sticks on occasion has only happened twice since ownership, so will be replacing soon that's why wondering if willwood or girling conversion is narrower on front than stock as aside from fender rolling and a little poke out past fenders they work

Hi.

Will a VR6 fit larger wheels than a G60(pre facelift ?. I believe the VR6 has wider fenders ?.

I’m buying new wheels for a 91 G60.
    Is 17x7.5 ET35 with 205/40/17 the correct/biggest I can fit with modest lowering and no rubbing ?

When you say "larger" do you mean wider or more diameter? All Corados ran 15" rims out of the factory, varying from 6 to 6.5 with ET38-43. 7J ET33 seems to be the widest that will fit easily - you could change offsets and widths, but will affect suspension geometry. There should be a few people on here that can tell you what they are running. Personally I wouldn't go over 16" 7J for everyday driving and ride quality.

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/volk...9-vr6-eudm-188

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

Thanks for reply.
    This car is more for a few nice-weather trips in the summer. But I don’t want any rubbing.

Is anyone running 17x7.5 with 205 tires on a pre facelift G60 ?

Thanks for reply.

This car is not a daily drive. More for a few nice-weather trips in the summer. Looks is more important than comfort but I don’t want any rubbing.
    Is anyone running 17x7.5 with 205 tires on a pre-facelift car ?