Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: MK4/Polo Shifter

Would a gear selector housing and linkage to the 02M gearbox fit?
    Or one from a mk5? Been offered both
    Last edited by fla; 7th January 2019 at 11:59 AM.
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

my car

any idea on the mk5 shifter?
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

my car

Hmm, cant seem to find any mk4 shifters. I think someone mentioned earlier that a Seat leon selector would just drop in?
    Would the Mk4 shifter fit the Corrado housing?

Any part numbers for the Mk 4 shifter, or anything else compatible?
    Hasan

my car

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Quote Originally Posted by fla View Post
    Hmm, cant seem to find any mk4 shifters. I think someone mentioned earlier that a Seat leon selector would just drop in?
    Would the Mk4 shifter fit the Corrado housing?

Any part numbers for the Mk 4 shifter, or anything else compatible?

I have a couple of towers and mk4 shifter assays somewhere, I even have a section of tunnel to weld in lol

any part numbers you could share? Or any for sale?
    Hasan

my car

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    I’m going to have to find them first lol

As far as I’m aware any 5 speed 02j tower and lever will fit using a polo Ibiza housing
    Last edited by Dox; 26th February 2019 at 12:22 AM.

What are you searching for Hasan? I've just been on ebay and found 100's of shifters with cables for dirt cheap. There isn't many selectors but your best bet is go searching on ebay for 'mk4 golf breaking' and email them, same with the shifter housing from a polo/lupo.

To be honest I thought it was any tower from any mk4, it's just the shift weight that is different but you can buy the TT shift weight for a shorter throw anyway. I might even have a spare tower as I changed from ball joint type to pin type. Also, people say you need a lupo/polo housing with mk4 internals, I just used a full lupo/polo setup as they look exactly the same.

Red 16v gone
    Red VR32.. WIP

Thanks Dave. Searched for golf mk4 shifter but most were for the mk5. I guess they must be similar? Would you mind sending me a link of the shifters that arw ok? By the tower do you mean the bit that fits on the gearbox? I thought it was just the gearstick bit and the cables that were changed. Sorry for the inane questions - i can just see myself buying a load of incorrect items!
    Hasan

my car

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Ibiza 1.8t should bolt up straight to the tunnel

I don't know about MK5 stuff, I just stuck with MK4 as it was cheaper and does the job. You need to change everything from the gearstick to the gearbox.

This guy is selling the pin type and balljoint type, maybe ask if he's got tower to go with:
    Pin Type
    Ball joint Type
    Just make sure whichever one you go for you get the matching tower.

Shift tower but don't buy that, it's beyond extortionate, you could buy a gearbox for that.

Like I said, best bet is search for someone breaking a mk4 golf and ask if he's got shifter and tower.

Quote Originally Posted by fla View Post
    Thanks Dave. Searched for golf mk4 shifter but most were for the mk5. I guess they must be similar? Would you mind sending me a link of the shifters that arw ok? By the tower do you mean the bit that fits on the gearbox? I thought it was just the gearstick bit and the cables that were changed. Sorry for the inane questions - i can just see myself buying a load of incorrect items!

Red 16v gone
    Red VR32.. WIP