Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Now with new paint and leather

Now with new paint and leather

Owned the car for over eleven years,always been a daily driver,
    not going back in time and tell you what i have done to my car,just that i paid £6999 in 2000 with 42k on the clock,it now has 163k !
    Story starts nearly two weeks ago,(10-10pm Monday) when a woman swerved for a cat, hit mine,pushing it into another parked car ! While mine was parked !
    securedownload.jpg
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...-Ride-IT-LIVES
    I found one being broken local to me (e-bay) rear bumper,passenger door,slam panel and he let me cut out the nearside rear light "aperture" All new boot panel and rear quarter panel have been ordered from Germany
    As the car was going in for a respray,and i had been collecting parts (seals ,rubbers etc etc)and with the second hand parts i have supplied,there should be enough money from the insurance (£4750) to fix the car and respray it !
    Other parts not listed but wrecked in the accident included both headlights,rear light,grill and TWO wheels and one tyre !
    Had spare lights (f&r)and grill and a big thank you to Robrado974 for selling me a set of Estorils,now in the refurbishers !
    Thanks everybody for the kind words,still dont believe they never wrote it off,here`s a few pics what it used to look like,stay tuned for updates
    Picture 019.jpgPicture 021.jpg08082010009.jpg20122010075.jpg27112010064.jpgPicture 049.jpg
    The car is in the bodyshop now,i go on holiday early Wednesday for ten days,with the promise of updates and pics by e-mail !
    Last edited by dragon green; 9th February 2019 at 12:59 PM.

You must be delighted lad! Estorils are the nicest wheel for them too I think!

nice to see you are getting her sorted , glad the wheels are being put to use ,they were takin up room in the garage ! . looking forward to pics of how things are going . Rob

92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

i-phone 217.jpgPut these on the day before the accident, the Mk4 calipers took some "shaving" to get the wheel to fit !
    Now i need a full size spare !
    Thanks to Rob,i have !! lol

Greeny i havent seen your car mate,sorry and glad for you.Glad your getting it sorted!

One of my buddies was down the nurburgring yesterday and seen a g60 get written off into a barrier,felt sad

Marders ate my corrado!

1991 US G60 in tornado red
    1990 G60 red-Now 20vt....298bhp and 304lb/f on Aral 102 octance on 30 PSI boost and crazy timing!!!

Picked my wheels up tonight,machine cut with anthracite "scallops"

After reading the tyre thread,I decided to go with Continental sport contact 2 (3 not available in my size)

Well done for keeping it alive!
    1995 Aqua Blue VR6. Previously owned a 1995 Classic Green VR6

Please help the forum stay alive!
    Want to help monthly? Why not

Small update,
    Rear panel has arrived,still waiting for the rear quarter panel to arrive from Germany. Rear windows and hatch are out,drivers door is off,(passengers door nearly off) both bumpers off,(irons are at the blasters) bonnet and slam panel off,
    Preparation has started !
    A few pics

I managed to cut this out of a local one I found being broken of e-bay,it's the inner skin for the rear light.

Sounds like you're making good progress already. Your enthusiasm for getting your C back on the road is very inspiring Will be watching this thread with interest!

Fay
    CCGB #2755

'95 M plate blackberry Corrado VR6
    '88 F plate tornado red Jetta GTI
    '02 nogaro blue TT 1.8 T

awesome! good to see its not getting written off because of a Cat and a women!. just out of interest do you know how much the rear quarter panel was?