Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Redbourbons vr6 With extra grunt :)

Redbourbons vr6 With extra grunt :)

hi just thaught id start a new build thread for the new vr, travelled up to market harbrough two sundays ago after seeing this for sale on ebay while i was waiting to catch my plain in manchester airport to go on holiday , had a few words with the owner and i said if its still there when i came back i would come view it ,after i came back it was still for sale and off of ebay so without even seeing it other than in photos i went to bank got a loan and then swapped my insurance over from the valver and off we went to have a look .......and drove it back the same day

heres a quik spec nothing special but its a start

93 corrado vr6
    98 000 miles
    full black cloth interior in immaculate condition ,not a rip scratch or tear anywere
    crappy air filter
    jom coilovers
    what i think is a magnex back box

its been faultless im chuffed to bits with it and every chance to go out in it i take the sounds is amazing and it feels really nice and easy to drive more so than the valver
    iv been camping in it this weekend and managed some how to get a very respectable 39.5 mpg out of her lol.

future plans are undecided yet but im trying to keep this one standard looking , going to refurb all the brakes and change the jom coilovers for some weitecs i think ,ill be changing the induction kit as soon as possible , a full service is on its way including gearbox oil change , ill refurb the wheels with a nice new colour or if i cant resist maybe some new wheels .....iv already been looking , think i might have a de cat of swift kid and hopefully ill get a full system on there aswell.
    other than that just cleaning it up as much as possible going to do the inner arches soon and waxoil them up , i want to keep this as clean as pos as theres no rust what so ever on the car wich im rather happy about
    ill be keeping this updated as much as poss so any comments are apreiciated and sorry if the pics are crap i cant resize them right at the moment for some reason anyway here it is
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sexybourbon; 18th June 2015 at 5:10 PM.

Looks like a good one
    Corrado VR6 No:3

CF-oholic!
    Looks good mate.
    Gaz

'93 VR6 Bordeaux pearl- Recon VR engine -16/01/08; KW V1s; BMC CDA; Milltek Sports CAT; Supersprint exhaust; 16" Cades Eros; smoked rears & side reps - SOLD 14/07/2013 Gone but not forgotten.

"We can't stop here this is bat country"

Enthusiast
    Loving that engine bay shot with the sunset in the background

Im biased when it comes to the colour, but you have your self a tidy looking motor enjoy!
    CCGB 3172

88 Silver Mk2 Golf / NEW HOME

94 Dragon Green Corrado VR6

03 Jazz Blue Lupo 1.4, named Efole

Cheers lads i quite liked the photo of the bay its a bit different and yea im liking the colour now its growing on me ! Im not a massive fan of green but ill make an eception haha

just a quick update to my thread as iv done a few bits ,spruced up the engine bay a bit and sprayed the engine cover still got a bit to go as i want the mani shotblasting but going to wait it out to se if i go obd2 or not and just get the obd2 mani done before i put it on .
    new wheels , there 16 inch speedlines 7j wide and the ride is good but they do need new tyres and a refurb
    front lights are all light smoke headlight protectors and the fogs laminx
    also got a full magnex system off chrisl on here so thanks for that mate it sounds awsome just need to extend the decat now and fit that when the weather gets better
    also gor a dodo juice buff daddy off the other half for christmas so lucking forward to getting the car done with it in better weather , i have had a go but i think more practise is needed
    the car clocked 100,000 the other week and its stillgoing strong, i never found out who keyed it tho still gutted about it but i cant do anything about it now i suppose just suck in and get saving
    some pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice car mate
    1 red vr6 the winter project
    1 passat r36 cc
    1 mk1 caddy sport g60

Quik update got the wheels sprayed over the weekend , its a garage job but its gone well and only took me a day to do , got four brand new rainsports 2's to go on them aswell just need some spacers all round
    A few pics of them just need to let them harden off then i can machine polish them to get rid of a few pips