Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Corrado VR6 - K22 BRW

Quote Originally Posted by stevef182 View Post
    How much does he charge? They do look very good!
    PM'd

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CazzaVR View Post
    Very nice VR mate! You've already made good progress. I would go for standard rear beam bushes- poly ones make the ride a little harsh/skittish imho + you'll lose the passive rear wheel steer.
    Thanks Mate. Regarding the Poly bushes, I never even gave that a thought, I suppose I was just thinking about the longevity of them. I’ll stick with the standard ones in that case. Do you know if we have the pleasure of these still being available from the stealers?

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Had a few private messages regarding the LED bulbs i fitted so thought i should probably post them here. I brought them from here:

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/

I brought and paid for SKU: 382LED36SBA which are £15.99 for the pair however they sent me SKU: 382LED60SBR-1 which are £11.99 each! Not complaining but dont know if they would do it again.

The resistors i brought off ebay from here but any resistors from ebay will do:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2608569329...ht_2412wt_1140
    Ben Wood
    CCGB #3443
    1993 Black VW Corrado 2.9 VR6

Previous:
    1994 Aqua Blue VW Corrado 2.0i 16v
    1995 Sherry Pearl VW Corrado 2.0 8v

Re: bushes, yep should be available. Not cheap, but should be cheaper than Powerflex. They'll last at least 10 years.
    'ave it!

Corrado Club of Great Britain

Gone, but not forgotten: Mystic Blue VR6 Storm
    Now: Avus Silver Audi S3 :: 1.8 20v Turbo :: BAM :: Recaro Leathers :: Bose :: Badger 5 v2 TIP :: Forge 007p :: 18" BBS RS2

Gallery

"Look Sir, Dubs,"

Quote Originally Posted by CazzaVR View Post
    Re: bushes, yep should be available. Not cheap, but should be cheaper than Powerflex. They'll last at least 10 years.
    Sold
    Ben Wood
    CCGB #3443

Previous:

Saving up for a set of coilovers is very boring so just been doing a few things around the car that doesnt cost and also maintenence (Service, tyres etc). Midland vw told me the Tarox discs were the wrong way round, rather embarrassing. I must have said i didnt fit them 20 times to cover my back :LOL:
    All better now.

Whilst the car was at Midland VW they changed the fuel filter for me. Apparently it hadnt been changed for a long time and it was full of rather nasty 'sludge'! Anyhow, the weekend just gone was the first time i have had chance to take it out and my god!!! What a transformation! The difference is like night and day, its drives so smoother and generally power feels better, never thought just a filter could make that much difference.

My lastest as she stands favorite pic

And couldn't resist this, Just makes me want to quote Back to the Future. "Where were going, we dont need roads"

Are removing the injectors easy on a VR? I know the MK3 Golf is OBD2 but if i buy a VR Golf haynes manual is it likely to help? Not too fond of the bentley book.
    Ben Wood
    CCGB #3443

Previous:

Selection of hammers at the left there
    1989 MK2 Golf Silver (Scraped)
    1997 MK4 Polo Tornado Red (Sold)
    1995 Corrado 2.0 8v Sherry Pearl (Sold)
    1996 MK3 Golf Classic Red (Sold)
    1994 Corrado 2.0 16v Aqua Blue Pearl (Broke) / (Parts For Sale)
    2007 Audi A3 TDI 170 S line Brilliant Red (Current)

Am i a lucky boy then?

Removed my dashboard today to replace with a shiney new one and rather alarmingly i was greeted with this.

Am i right in thinking i'm lucky this hasnt caused a fire? The brown wire has melted quite far up too.

So the first thing on my list is the DIY mod to put a fuse on this wire but the whole wire is pretty shot! Does anyone know how to replace the whole wire from the block connector? Is it a matter of brute force to pull the wire from the block and replace or do i need *to buy something? Bit of a dumb question i know but i dont want to yank on it if there is a certain way it is removed.*

And what do people replace the gray sponge around he wires with, mine is litterally falling to pieces!!!
    Ben Wood
    CCGB #3443

Previous:

I replaced the whole dash wiring loom on my VR recently and had to remove a few of the cables from the connectors as I didnt want to just botch them.
    I used two large paper clips and pushed them in from the pin side of the connector to remove the cable, you should see two small notches where the paper clips need to be located, if you straighten the paper clips and push them as hard as you can into the slots then the cable should just pull out fairly easily.
    Once you have managed to get one cable out the rest becomes obvious. I would personally see if you can find a replacement section of loom first and possibly just replace this section from the fuseboard to whatever its controlling.

Pm me if you want more details on how to remove the pins succesfully. There is also a tool designed for removing them but its not cheap.

Rob.
    Corrado 2.0 16v in Green Pearl
    Corrado VR6 in Brilliant Black
    Corrado G60 in Green Pearl (Now Breaking)

Previously owned:
    Corrado 2.0 16v in Candy White

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Wear gloves when handling burnt wiring insulation, nasty stuff, it can lead to amputation if it gets under the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by dumptyboy View Post
    I replaced the whole dash wiring loom on my VR recently and had to remove a few of the cables from the connectors as I didnt want to just botch them.
    I used two large paper clips and pushed them in from the pin side of the connector to remove the cable, you should see two small notches where the paper clips need to be located, if you straighten the paper clips and push them as hard as you can into the slots then the cable should just pull out fairly easily.
    Once you have managed to get one cable out the rest becomes obvious. I would personally see if you can find a replacement section of loom first and possibly just replace this section from the fuseboard to whatever its controlling.

Pm me if you want more details on how to remove the pins succesfully. There is also a tool designed for removing them but its not cheap.

Rob.
    Cheers mate, when you say not cheap, how much we talking? Do you know what the tool is called? I only ask as I am making my own head light loom also so could come handy, my wallet likes the paper clip idea though

Never thought about replacing it, I have a spare from the Rado we are breaking so that wouldn't be an issue. Do you recommend this because its easier or because there could be other issues?

Cheers for your help mate, much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 5:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dox View Post
    Wear gloves when handling burnt wiring insulation, nasty stuff, it can lead to amputation if it gets under the skin.
    So dont use my teeth then
    Ben Wood
    CCGB #3443

Previous:

CF Nutter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dox View Post
    Why ? More detail please.
    Miltek Exhaust, Ram Air, Braided hoses, Xenon headlights and loads of other stuff that has cost a fortune. !