Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VR6 injectors...cleaner is better!

That is odd I wasn't even expecting a reply, never mind the definitive answer direct from Bosch. Ths is for sharing that is quite interesting.
    So the ECU is calibrated the factory bosch I'm Still curious how sensitive the setup would be to something with better spray. Found these on eBay which claim to be an upgrade to the factory boschs but are just rebuilt with quad spray nozzles. I thought the stock ones were quads but since I seem to have lost the them over my stupidly elongated rebuild time I don't actually know...
    Here's the link to them.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F192463934408

Fully refurbished with the 4 spray pattern upgrade(?)

Seems to good to be true at the price...

Sounds like nicely balanced injectors will do wonders for performance though

Enthusiast
    Could be worth a go, they look good! - he did say obviously other injectors will fit, but they've not tested different setups or make what they would class as a revised replacement.

I think these are the ones you have to use a 3bar FPR with or it will run rich?

look good - although the link says he doesn't ship to the UK??
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

my car

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by fla View Post
    look good - although the link says he doesn't ship to the UK??
    Yeah he wont even accept email from the UK, I did try dropping him a line

Quote Originally Posted by Geeba View Post
    Yeah he wont even accept email from the UK, I did try dropping him a line
    Miserable bugger!!
    Almost an off the shelf Moonlight Blue Pearl Metallic VR6.
    Got Lupo wipers, an upgraded headlight loom and
    Inpro Clear/Red rear clusters.

So I did manage to get hold of these guys. Here's what I got;

New message from: osidetiger (5,033Green Star)
    Our injectors will work just fine at 3 or 4 bar. Please note that running at a higher bar level than the factory setting may make you car run rich. It’s common practice for injector manufacturers (like Bosch) to only recommend the OEM injectors as replacements since they are not in the business of upgrades but would rather offload new old stock from inventory. Our injectors are a much more modern injector with advanced spray pattern, solid stainless core, and improved response times.
    The injectors are refurbished by us in the U.S. as far as we know they are exclusively sold by us so there is currently no other supplier we can vouch for. Many of our overseas customers either have a family member, friend, or service ship to them. Just a thought. Thank you again for contacting us.
    <<<

Might look into if any couriers can do this.
    Though I'm really hoping someone on here knows a man who can in the US and is wanting some of these. 😉

Either way in pretty convinced these are a good way to go for NA setups to squeeze out a little more of what we want out of these VR lumps 😊

Enthusiast
    reply and see if they will ship a few sets to the UK maybe?

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    When is the fuel injected? If its on the compression stroke the mixture will be pulverised as the piston rises compressing the mixture.

Geeba I've asked the question so hopefully I can twist his arm and there's some interest on here.

Dox if the powerstroke is #1 the fuel is injected on stroke #3 where the piston pulls vacuum on the inlet before it's finally pre-compressed for igniting. This pressure increase drives the boiling point of liquids down so even though the temp increases massively the more fuel atomization the injectors do for it the better.