Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: TEVES 20 ABS system parts list?

Anyone had an issue with ABS ECU after fitting? I'm getting error code 1044 ecu incorrectly coded.

I've read what I can find online and it seems this is because the ecu will be coded for a different vehicle, in this case a mk3 Golf. I believe I need to find out what code to use for a Corrado VR6 and then see if I can get it changed to that.

Mine worked straight away when I connected it. Haven't heard of having to code the ecu.

1993 Corrado Vr6
    Forged rods & pistons
    Stealth Turbo conversion
    330mm front discs, Porsche Brembos
    OBD2 conversion

Hmm, cleared it with a snap on diagnostic tool but it comes straight back. May be a call to Stealth tomorrow and see if they know what to do about it! No other error codes left now but abs warning light still on so presumably once this code is gone the light will go off.

Sorted! The ecu was coded wrong. There are 2 codes for a mk3 Golf ecu and I didn’t realise until I bought the Bentley repair manual. Tried changing the code to the later version & then the faulty coded message was replaced with faulty rear right sensor. Was a brand new sensor it must’ve been faulty so I tried a known good one off my mk3 and the fault cleared. Just need the right warning light now unless I can modify a mk3 one to fit.

You can modify a mk3 one into a Corrado light and then you have to do a bit of electrical wiring to get it to work. Unfortunately I can't remember details as it was a few years ago now but I know it can be done!

I have up looking for the passant light in the end, they are impossible to find.

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆ stuarttaylor37's Avatar
    They come up regularly on German ebay, I’ve bought a couple of spares for mine, not silly prices either

Thanks guys, I'm modifying a mk3 one as I have the loom to go with it. Offered it in today just to see if it works & it does. Just got to tidy it up so it fits nicely in the dash & looks original now.
    1. 1995 Flash Red Corrado VR6
    2. 1997 Mystic Blue Golf VR6
    3. 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R Estate

CCGB #4146

Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    Thanks guys, I'm modifying a mk3 one as I have the loom to go with it. Offered it in today just to see if it works & it does. Just got to tidy it up so it fits nicely in the dash & looks original now.
    I also went with the mark20 system. Do you have more info on wiring? I just plugged the abs to fuse box plug, connected/spliced the 1 wire to the other plug (blue/red) and fitted the warning light loom to the light. Might have wrong rear sensors but the light does not go off

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆
    There is a document g3abs95on.pdf which is on RunJonny's google docs page:
    https://sites.google.com/site/rubjonny/ >> VAG Documents and have a rummage...

The wiring to the ABS lamp - and the ABS lamp - need to be from the Golf3, too.

Have you tried checking if there are any error codes in the ABS controller?